The 'can't miss em' thread

I get plenty of great metal coming through NYC, but I *do* miss the "atmosphere" of the event for sure. I just can't spend the cash to travel to an event like this any longer, without at least a few bands I'm really dying to see.

It's why I willingly gave up my Gold Badge, so that someone who more appreciated prog/power would be able to take advantage of it.

I've been to PP twice, but pretty sure I'm going to be a regular from now on. So far there has always been someone I really wanted to see. Just Pyramaze's Souls in Pain is enough for me to attend this one =D (I've played that song everyday since Harvester announced them, hehe)

me thinks manowarfan1 would also go if Manowar showed up to melt our faces at maximum power? :headbang:

Shadow Gallery
Within Tempation (I know, I know, I know..they're not playing)
Shaman
Balance of Power (So long as Lance King attends the festival, it doesn't look like they'll be back anytime soon)
Labyrinth
Vision Divine
Fates Warning (Headlining set)
Masterplan

There are a ton of other bands I want to see, but these are at the top of my list. I'll be there regardless.

I'd attend no matter what, so there aren't any "push me over the edge and buy a ticket" bands for me per se, but here are some bands that I'd love to see this year:

Evergrey
Mercenary
Devin Townsend Band (unlikely since they're touring....although no dates near here yet)
Epica
Arcturus (already ruled out for PP7 elsewhere)
Superior (also unlikely...damnit)
Vintersorg -or- Borknagar (unlikely)
Ayreon or SoP (ain't happening)
Scar Symmetry

me thinks manowarfan1 would also go if Manowar showed up to melt our faces at maximum power? :headbang:[/QUOTE]

Sure would - be cheaper than trying to get to wherever in BFE they decide to actually play - but on the other hand I do get to travel to new places by trying to see them play live. If the lawyers dont surgically remove my wallet from me I play on going to someplace I havent been yet this summer combined with Manowar at a festival - maybe Greece or Croatia or something :)

That said - if Glenn ever decided to book them (unlikely), I'd be there - but hey after one PP experience - I'm there whoever he books - he's got good taste and puts on a helluva good time that attracts cool people. What's not to like :)

TheWhisper said:
I'm hoping for a Cloudscape announcement. Perfect for the second slot of the day after Pyramaze.
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!!!!! Cloudscape would slay, I am hoping they are there, and after some of Glenn's quote's from last year, about not hearing them until it was to late, and really, really liking their stuff, i predict they will be there, just my humble opinion.

I'm there no matter what because it is just such a great atmosphere! Being that I am jumping into the fray and bidding on sponsoring bands the following bands come to mind as cant miss for me;

Vanden Plas
Primal Fear
Evergrey
Kamelot
Threshold
Pagans Mind
Demons & Wizards