The End Of The Ocean - -aire Post Rock 2019 release

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
I'm admittedly not a huge fan of the genre "Post Rock", Post Metal or whatever kids call it these days but I ran across this on Youtube and really enjoyed it. The first song is best to be listened with headphones if at all possible. They're from Columbus OH and the new release is available on Equal Vision Records (Which I thought specialized in Hardcore/Metalcore music, but again, what do I know). (Side note, I listened to Distant Dream after reading Glenn's top 50 list and actually enjoyed this more....I found it a little more atmospheric).

Edit: I did a little more digging and the whole release can be streamed from their bandcamp page if anyone is interested in hearing the whole thing.

Last edited:
Funny story..... There's an annual festival in downtown C-Bus called the Park Street festival. Couple of music stages which, upon occasion, have had some mildly known names play (think Candlebox, for example)..... Festival goes all day, so typically at 11AM you have local cover bands or whatever on stage.....

We take the fam up there to walk around, eat at food trucks, check out the artists, etc...... A few years ago my kids wanted face painting, so they were getting that done for like 20 minutes and during that entire time End of the Ocean are playing a small stage at like 11AM right next to the face paint tent. I wasn't sure WHAT I was watching, but it was weird as hell seeing it at 11AM in like 80 degree sunny weather...... I think I was the only one standing there captivated, but..... Whatever.....

Nice to see Columbus pop up on the scene once in a great while!

Reactions: zinescene
I have to say I've never really given the genre much of a listen til I saw Caspian open for Katatonia on the Fallen Hearts Tour. I was just blow away how good and heavy they were live. i'd love to see these guys live, actually I missed my chance, I seen they were in Detroit last Sunday night.