The Fairfield is closing - for good, it seems.

jaimek

incorrigible
Jun 17, 2003
Apex, NC
Sarah got an email from the Fairfield and asked me to post it for everyone's edification:

----------------

Dear Guest:

Our records indicate that we are presently holding a reservation for
you at the Atlanta, Georgia Midtown Fairfield Inn Suites. Effective
Monday, March 14, 2005, this hotel will be closing for business and ceasing
all operations. Therefore, please contact our Worldwide Reservations at
800-228-2800 to book your reservation at an alternate Marriott hotel.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you
again on your business and vacation travels.

Sincerely,

Debra M. Camperud
Fairfield Inn Liaison
Office of Consumer Affairs

----------------

Daybreaker said:
Um... What about the bands that were booked there? Ben

If you booked a room, they have to find an appropriate hotel at the same cost you were quoted. Thus, they are taking care of re-booking my bands elsewhere. The bands are just going to be spread out a bit more this year.

Considering all the other stuff I have to deal with and be prepared for, this is just a minor problem.

Glenn H.

Maybe the hotel will be taken over by another chain? I mean, it seems silly to have something like that sit vacant. Maybe the Fairfield didn't find it cost effective, but it could be a little gold mine for even a small mom & pop operation.

BABS said:
Maybe the hotel will be taken over by another chain? I mean, it seems silly to have something like that sit vacant. Maybe the Fairfield didn't find it cost effective, but it could be a little gold mine for even a small mom & pop operation.

The hotel was sold to a college and will be converted into dorm rooms asap.

Glenn H.

Interesting turn of events...and such a shame...a little bit of the PPUSA legacy dies with it...

Rock on!

Huh. That's going to make getting a room that much harder next year. Seems really odd to me the way it happened, and how soon. That must have been a heck of a deal that the college made.

Steve in Philly

Harvester said:
The hotel was sold to a college and will be converted into dorm rooms asap.

Glenn H.

Hope they like metal come Sept!!! We should still go use the Pool just for the hell of it
jump3.gif

Bear