The Fairfield is closing - for good, it seems.

I'm glad we're at the Residence!!!
Hmmmm..maybe now the bands will come to stay at the Residence?! Would be awesome, as when we went to Brave Words in Cleveland last year, we stayed at the Hilton where all the bands stayed, we had a fucking blast!!!! We had our coffee in the morning with Doro!!! :headbang: Imagine having coffee with the Strato & PC69 guys...it would be great...as long as Jens doesn't blow up the coffee pot!!! :tickled:

Bear said:
Hope they like metal come Sept!!! We should still go use the Pool just for the hell of it
jump3.gif

Bear

I dunno if I'd want to jump in a dorm swimming pool. You never know what might be swimming in it! :yuk:

J-Dubya

MetalRose said:
Puppetry of the Penis! Ha! Good show!

-Metal

You know, a few months back I read about last summer in one of the Milwaukee papers when I was out visiting.

You mid-Westerners are rather "progressive" aren't you (tee hee)?

I'm not "dissin'" the puppets, but you do have to imagine how funny it would be to see them take over a Progpower legend like the Fairfield.

It's hilarious!

Pellaz said:
"Puppets Rule!"*

-=-=-=-=-
* this is actually written in graffiti on one of the bathroom stalls at the Institute for Puppetry Arts. :tickled:

I was the one who discovered that two years ago. Some hooligan had taken out a knife and carved that message on the stall. Either that or the management have a prankish sense of humour and deliberately put it there. Either way it was pretty funny.

The Center for Puppetry Arts is actually a pretty cool place. It was sad and a little creepy because it was deserted that weekend (business is mostly field trips during the week, it seems). But definitely an interesting diversion before the Earthlink doors open, provided you are awake and/or don't have a hangover.

And yeah, there is a Skeksis in there. That made the visit worth it for me.

IdesOfStormrider said:
I still haven't made hotel reservations yet :erk: I better get my walking shoes on because it's going to be one hell of a long walk from where ever I'll be staying probably.

It's only a 15 min. walk from the ANSELY INN, really nice place.......

I had a room reserved at the Fairfield, so I was naturally a tad upset to find out about this news. When my girlfriend and I called them up to be directed to another hotel, we were told to call the Marriott hotline. When we called Marriott, our operator was surprised to hear that we were directed to him. He told us to call their customer service line. At that point, we just decided to book another room ourselves. They're SUPPOSED to get you a room at another place, but they apparently don't a shit when they're a week away from closing. I'm just glad the Hampton wasn't completely booked.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al