The Madden Curse?

dude, rushing yardage and touchdowns are worth more than passing in fantasy leagues, culpepper had well over 1000 more yards of offense than vick so what is your point??? we'll see if vick ever has better numbers than culpepper. passer ratings are such bullshit, vick is an average passer at best and you know it.

vick is also dumber than a box of rocks, they had to simplify a college playbook for him at va tech. a college playbook is simple enough for a high school qb to understand, listen to him talk in an interview and do a shot after every time he says "you know" you will be sloppy in 5 minutes. he doesnt even know how to put touch on a pass, all he does is throw a rocket.

I didn't know this debate centered around fantasy football ratings. I thought we were talking about guys performance helping their teams win games. My concern as a fan of football is not fantasy football ratings, its hoping my team plays well and wins, and I may be nuts, but that's what most players are trying to do-win games. They probably don't give away any fantasy points for only throwing 1 int. every two games, but it sure helps in the win column, it sure helps your team score. Again-Culpepper had 120 more passing attempts than Vick. Let's see, if they both averaged 7 yards per passing attempt, and if Vick threw 120 more passes to equal Culpeppers attempts, they would end up with the same number of passing yards. But Vick didn't get to throw those 120 extra passes, so he's got less yards-not through any fault of his own. He won games. He was the first qb to win a playoff game in Green Bay. But he sucks.

Most college playbooks are not quite as simple as you make them sound. And almost every young qb in the NFL struggles with learning the playbook-even the smart ones, so its not so simple.

helping their teams win games? how many double digit win seasons has vick led the falcons to?? that playoff game he won at green bay was when ahman green and half of the o-line was hurt, and gb's defense was a second string due to injury. ring any bells you smart ass?? yes college play books are that simple compared to the nfl jerkoff. lets see, how many 10 or more win seasons has vick had=0, how many seasons with 3,000 yards pasiing has he had=0, how many seasons has he thrown 20 td's=0, how many seasons with 10 rushing td's=0, how many nfc title games has vick led his team to=0. wow he really kicks ass alright!! keep believing the hype folks. FYI, fantasy consideration aside, culpepper had over 1,000 more total yards and 4 more td's than vick so enjoy your ride on the bandwagon you fake fuck.

Culpepper threw 23 interceptions. 23!!!! That was his third year as a starter. Vick threw 8 in his first year as a starter.

4.2% interception percentage for Culpepper.
1.9% for Vick.

It may not seem like a big difference, but if you know football you know it IS a big difference.

They both have unmatched physical attributes. Only McNabb can compare to their athleticism. But they both have something to prove before they can be called elite quarterbacks.

(Waiting for Mr. Koloff to cuss me out and show his maturity...) :Spin:

Rich

I'm not riding any bandwagon. I really couldn't give two shits if Vick has a good career or not, unless he's playing for the Bears. I'll be forever pissed off that the Bears drafted Cade McNown instead of trading up to draft Culpepper. I think Vicks a good qb, I think Culpepper's a good qb. I was arguing that Vick's stats last year were comparable to Culpepper's, which they are. Vick's only started 1 year in the league and he put up good numbers but neither of them are Hall of Fame qb's yet.

Culpepper's had 1 outstanding year (2000), Vick's had 1 pretty damn good year in his only year starting. He also doesn't have the league's most physically gifted receiver to throw to either. Culpepper's other 2 years starting he's had mixed results. His completion percentage has been great, and he's thrown for a lot of yards, but his td/int. ratio has been bad and he hasn't thrown for a ton of TD's. The Vikes will probably be one of the best teams in the NFC this year-they'll be right up there with one of the best rush offenses in the league, Culpepper will play better and their defense will be better.

Yes, I know an NFL playbook is significantly more difficult than a college playbook. I didn't word that right-You made it sound like a college playbook is so simple that every kid right out of high school could successfully grasp and understand it, which most of them can't.

I apologize for being a smart ass, but when I try to say that they had comparable statistics last year, (which they did, other than that Culpepper had about 720 more total yards) which was the point I was trying to make in the first place, and you repeatedly tell me I'm way off and completely wrong, like I have no understanding of football stats or what they mean, that pisses me off.

I'm done with the Vick/Culpepper argument, cuz its going nowhere in a hurry.

Riehlthing said:
Yeah, he could be...maybe 2 years he might be ready. It'll take time to know for sure. We hear remember Dan Maguire and he was supposed to be next best thing.

Riehl-One of the stations here plays the Chiefs preseason games, so I got to watch Seneca play last night. He looked alright. He got in with about 8 minutes to go and engineered a td drive while they were trying to eat up clock. He was perfect passing, and made 1 nice throw on the run. He looked pretty comfortable out there and didn't look out of place. I was pretty excited to see that.

i know im just talking smack, there is a rumor that terrell owens is coming to atlanta next year, he is in a contract year and his agent sais there was only a 50-50 chance of him resigning with the niners, and he lives in atlanta, so if vick had owens and price in atlanta i think he would kick some serious ass, he wouldnt even need to run with it anymore.

New England, I have been a fan since I was eight, so I have been through the down years, and since their Super Bowl victory, disregarding record, their team has gotten better and beter. So New England will be in it again this year.