The NFL 2009 Thread

Made most of the money i lost on Eagles with the Broncos over Chargers.. at least one excellent team can win and cover the point spread... but then again was stupid of the bookies to make the Bronco's the underdogs in this game... :kickass:

Made most of the money i lost on Eagles with the Broncos over Chargers.. at least one excellent team can win and cover the point spread... but then again was stupid of the bookies to make the Bronco's the underdogs in this game... :kickass:

I'm curious can you have fun watching a pro or college footbal game or sporting event without gambling on it? You know the game. I know the game. I've never been inclined to gamble on it. Not because I couldn't but because it would change the way I looked at it from the perspective of a fan. In the end no matter how much you know about the teams, players, ect. We can't tell the future you know?

I'm curious can you have fun watching a pro or college footbal game or sporting event without gambling on it? You know the game. I know the game. I've never been inclined to gamble on it. Not because I couldn't but because it would change the way I looked at it from the perspective of a fan. In the end no matter how much you know about the teams, players, ect. We can't tell the future you know?
I find the game more exciting when I have money riding on it... that's not to say i can't enjoy a sporting event unless i bet it... i don't bet soccer or baseball but i enjoy watching them and cheering my favorite team on...

and no, we can't tell the future but we can analyze/evaluate a sporting event between two teams by different factors and reasonably come out with a conclusion... remember I am not out to win every bet I make... i am only out to win at LEAST 52% of my bets or more if i can... to beat the bookie's Vig (commission)... 52% is the magic number because it's the commission/vig you are trying to stay ahead of... i don't care who wins or loses so long as they cover the spread...

My wins/losses for this past weekend:

Wins

Eagles -9
Greenbay -9
Indy -13
New England -15
Buffalo +7
New Orleans -6

Lost

Minnesota +6
Atlanta + 4 1/2
Giants -7

The Chargers are hot, battle for 1st place in Denver sunday, and Orton is questionable, so it gives us a little edge!!!!
Can't wait for the Monday night game between the Saints & Pats !!!