THRESHOLD "Dead Reckoning".....YES :)

Inner Peace

New Metal Member
Oct 1, 2006
....Well, what can I say? This band can do no wrong IMO. When I heard they used death vocals I thought it would'nt work. I was wrong, the cd crushes all the way through!!!!! It's exactly what you would want from them with more attitude. What else can I say? Threshold fans will NOT be disappointed. I would give this a 5 out of 5 easily:headbang:

NEW ALBUM DEAD RECKONING OUT NEXT MONTH

Threshold's new album 'Dead Reckoning' will be released on 23 March through Nuclear Blast Records (20 March in US).
The band have included a cover version of the Muse hit Supermassive Black Hole as a bonus track on a special digipak version of the album. Band member Richard West commented: "It's a good Muse song and their recording is very cool, but we've made our version heavier and more powerful than the original. It works so well as a Threshold track that it sounds like Muse covered our song!"
The album also includes guest backing vocals on 2 songs by Swedish multi-instrumentalist Dan Swanö (Edge Of Sanity, Nightingale, Second Sky, Bloodbath). Swanö commented: "My backing growls on the upcoming Threshold album are the most brutal thing you will hear from me in quite some time. Tore my throat apart for these guys!!"
Track list:

1. Slipstream (4.53)
2. This Is Your Life (3.41)
3. Elusive (6.10)
4. Hollow (4.00)
5. Pilot In The Sky Of Dreams (9.44)
6. Fighting For Breath (8.16)
7. Disappear (4.17)
8. Safe To Fly (5.06)
9. One Degree Down (8.33)
10. Supermassive Black Hole * (3.09)

(* bonus track on special digipak release only)

NICK MIDSON TAKES A BREAK FROM THE BAND
Nick Midson is taking a break from Threshold. Guitarist Karl Groom commented: "Nick has been thinking about this for a while. It's largely driven by wanting a break from touring and promotional activities. I'm still in contact with him regularly and we live 5 minutes from each other. The way is open for Nick to return for future albums and he is considering it".
Guitarist Pete Morten has been named as Nick's replacement for the band's forthcoming live shows. Morten is guitarist and lead vocalist for progressive metal band Soliloquy who have recently been recording at Thin Ice Studios with producer Karl Groom from Threshold.
THRESHOLD FESTIVAL SHOWS
Threshold have announced their first tour dates for 2007 with more to be announced later. The current dates are:
20/07/07 Metalcamp Festival (SI)
21/07/07 Earthshaker Festival (DE)
04/08/07 Subtacto Progfest (NO)
06/10/07 Progpower Festival (US)
For all the latest news visit the official Threshold website: www.thresh.net
The official Threshold MySpace site: www.myspace.com/thresholdofficial

© 2007 Threshold. For more information about Threshold see www.thresh.net.

Excellent album. There's not a single track on it that I didn't like and they're a strong contender for my 2007 album of the year already. :headbang:

Agreed, Braxil. Threshold and Machine Men are battling it out for my best of 07' so far.

It seems to me that this new one is a little heavier than usual, an also a little more straightforward. I think most people that are fans will take to it just fine, but I think some other people that weren't previously as interested in them might get hooked by this one .. we'll see.

The rumors of death vocals are true, but I think they only really appear briefly in two songs. They seem real fitting to me.

Britt

I have a hard time believing that all of you got 'promos.' If I'm wrong I apologize. But if you ripped off their music (a promo or a general leak), then let me know because I'll just know that you don't really support the band -- just like telling others to actually support them ;).

</ends rant on pre-release 'fan' reviews>

Oh yeah. I can't wait to -buy- this album. Its sure to be great.

I have a hard time believing that all of you got 'promos.' If I'm wrong I apologize. But if you ripped off their music (a promo or a general leak), then let me know because I'll just know that you don't really support the band -- just like telling others to actually support them ;).

I guess the six cd's and dvd that I own from Threshold just magically appeared on my cd rack. Look, just because someone downloads something doesn't mean they don't intend to buy the product when available. Personally though I don't like to buy blind ... been burnt too many times.

If I like something I've downloaded I generally buy it. My $250 spent in the month of January at The End Records can attest to that. Most of the stuff I bought were things I downloaded and liked. I would have never heard some of that stuff if not for downloading.

I think a good majority of the downloaders around here are well aware that these bands need their support .. they don't need the anti-downloaders preaching at them at every turn. I'm sure there are those people out there who don't buy a damn thing, but I would guess that a lot of fans in these parts that download are also pretty big spenders when it comes to their cd collections.

Britt

I guess the six cd's and dvd that I own from Threshold just magically appeared on my cd rack. Look, just because someone downloads something doesn't mean they don't intend to buy the product when available. Personally though I don't like to buy blind ... been burnt too many times.

If I like something I've downloaded I generally buy it. My $250 spent in the month of January at The End Records can attest to that. Most of the stuff I bought were things I downloaded and liked. I would have never heard some of that stuff if not for downloading.

I think a good majority of the downloaders around here are well aware that these bands need their support .. they don't need the anti-downloaders preaching at them at every turn. I'm sure there are those people out there who don't buy a damn thing, but I would guess that a lot of fans in these parts that download are also pretty big spenders when it comes to their cd collections.

Britt

I've also read that the bulk of a band's money comes from playing concerts, so seeing a band live is the best thing someone can do to support them...and I'm guessing pretty much everyone on this forum will be doing that in October.

I am lookign forward to hearing this even more now that death vocals have been mentioned on this disc.

Britt

Preach on man. Same here.....for me its about 50/50 legit promos/downloads. I BUY every single promo/download I really like. And I too just spent a buncha bucks on CDs this month. ALL stuff I already had prior to release.

Great post!

(And yes Im aware there are people who d/l w/o ever intending to buy....but theres thieves everywehere in life......will never change)

I think the success of the vendor room at the festival can attest to the fact that people here are buying albums. But thanks for assuming we're all horrible horrible downloaders.

Yeah I talked to Dark Tide about it in private. I think we both agree that many people do not get them after dl'ing. But here the people are different than the general public and do tend to support the bands by actually buying the albums.

Yeah I talked to Dark Tide about it in private. I think we both agree that many people do not get them after dl'ing. But here the people are different than the general public and do tend to support the bands by actually buying the albums.
Lets hope the people here are supporting the bands. If you try before you buy, and you like the tunes ... then by all means purchase the disc when it's available.

Britt

Like a need a fucking mother lecturing me about my music and downloading around here...

I DOWNLOADED it, for fucking free, and it rocks. As a result, I will be supporting the band by buying the cd, seeing them live and possibly even getting a shirt. All as a result of my "free" download. No download would have meant that I wouldn't buy the cd, would have no recommendation to my friends about the album and I DEFINITELY would not have considered a shirt(s).

Now, before you criticize folks for where/how they get music, I'd like to see your retail receipts for each of your cds to ensure that you have no USED music in your collection, thus robbing artists of their royalties.

Like a need a fucking mother lecturing me about my music and downloading around here...

I DOWNLOADED it, for fucking free, and it rocks. As a result, I will be supporting the band by buying the cd, seeing them live and possibly even getting a shirt. All as a result of my "free" download. No download would have meant that I wouldn't buy the cd, would have no recommendation to my friends about the album and I DEFINITELY would not have considered a shirt(s).

Now, before you criticize folks for where/how they get music, I'd like to see your retail receipts for each of your cds to ensure that you have no USED music in your collection, thus robbing artists of their royalties.

im like you

i download the cd, and if i like it i will buy it.

i believe in a prog power booklet, orphaned land said they were thankful for piracy cause it helps them get their name out.

if there was NO such thing as piracy i think alot of us would not be near as big music fans.

especially those without the money to buy major hauls of cds.

i dont support piracy, but i dont condemn it, it is good and bad.

Oh, I downloaded it all right... and I'll damn sure be buying it too. Now I just need to figure out how I can justify all my CD purchases as educator expenses so I can write them off on my taxes...

When I read this, I thought the same thing as Cheiron. There have been plenty of times when people have posted stuff like, "I just downloaded the latest Vanden Plas CD and it rocks. I'll be buying it when it comes out." I can't help but think that if 100 people download it and really like it, a significant percentage of those people will not buy it, because, well, they already have it, so why spend the money. Most of us here are not like that (I know I'm not), but some are.

So please don't rip on Cheiron. He just wants the band to reap the rewards of putting out a great album without getting hosed because of illegal downloads.