The stand-in Threshold guitarist

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
U.K. progressive metallers THRESHOLD have tapped Pete Morten to be the second guitarist for the band's forthcoming live shows, following the announcement that Nick Midson will be taking a break from the band.

Pete Morten is guitarist and lead vocalist for British progressive metal band SOLILOQUY, which has been recording at Thin Ice Studios with producer and mixer Karl Groom (DRAGONFORCE, MENDEED, PENDRAGON) from THRESHOLD.

THRESHOLD recently posted the cover artwork for their new album, "Dead Reckoning", at this location. The artist is Davide Nadalin of Nerve Design, who has previously worked with EXTREMA and BLINDED COLONY. Due on March 23 via Nuclear Blast Records, the CD was produced by guitarist Karl Groom and keyboardist Richard West at Thin Ice Studios. The track listing is as follows:

01. Slipstream
02. This Is Your Life
03. Elusive
04. Hollow
05. Pilot in the Sky of Dreams
06. Fighting For Breath
07. Disappear
08. Safe To Fly
09. One Degree Down

Swedish multi-instrumentalist/producer Dan Swanö (EDGE OF SANITY, NIGHTINGALE, SECOND SKY, BLOODBATH) laid down backing vocals on the CD's opening song, "Slipstream", and the third track, "Elusive".

Cannot WAIT to hear the new album - and I think I will crap myself in October now that I FINALLY get to see the guys live.

I am bummed about Midson (having been a fan since 95 or so) but at least it wasn't news about Mac, Groom or West...... that would have been something to get really worried about......