THRESHOLD "Dead Reckoning".....YES :)

Like I said, there's a bigger problem that exists that deprives artists of their royalties and that is buy used. I'll wager a bet that there is nobody on this board that does not or has not made a used purchase.

I understand that downloading around the globe may have different motives and meanings, but with the members of this board, I feel 1000% comfortable that the downloaders also purchase. I'll point to the fact that I can never even get in to the tables at PP because everyone is ripping through the goods. Many of those people download and those people are obviously buyers too (myself included).

I simply don't like the accusatory tone in Cheiron's post. When we talked about cd collections, I'm one that put down 4,000+ of actual purchased cds so I don't like the accusatory finger pointed at me because I have plenty of evidence to prove contrary to the fact that I'm negligent in artist support.

Count me in as ashamed too! :p

Those have to be the "cleanest" growls I ever heard, might even have to say they sounded cool..... :)

Might be time to end my anti-cookie crusade :lol:

J-Dubya

So I got a little off topic here. The new Threshold cd was one I downloaded because there was nothing else to download. I'm not a prog guy and although I did enjoy them back on their last PP appearance, I didn't like them enough at the time to follow them.

This album, however, is dead on. I wish more Prog bands would learn from this band and this cd because this baby is the real deal. It has the Prog element, but it has balls and it has hook. I am looking forward to picking up the cd and getting a few signatures on it! Great job, Threshold!!!

Moontower, absolutely. BTW, it's a CD title, not a band.

I'll play some on Seismic in just a few minutes....there's never a reason NOT to play Dan in some form. :)
Dan Swano's - Moontower is awesome stuff. It's kind of like Nightingale w/death vocals. Swano's death vox are excellent .. one of the best in the business.

Britt

Lets hope the people here are supporting the bands. If you try before you buy, and you like the tunes ... then by all means purchase the disc when it's available.

Britt

What if you preorder and then download because you have no patience and can't wait for the CD to come out?! ;)

i wish i could figure out where to dl this thing!!!! the new jorn too, since itunes doesn't sell it. Don't get me wrong - I'll buy them both no doubt - but I'm impatient too.....

Another great release by Threshold. l'm enjoying this one better than Critical Mass. Although lacking the catchy melodies that a Phenomenon or Falling Away, this is a heavier offering that has more kick than CM. Mac is dead on...and Karl weaves some nice patterns.The keys are good with some "techy" sounds thrown in. Johanne...as usual...is a time keeping machine who adds more double kick in than usual. l was concerned about the reported use of death vox, but they are very minimal and neither add nor take away from the songs they are in. These guys have impressed me again. The songs should sound heavy & great live.