Timo Tolkki REALLY needs to stop talking....

What I honestly feel about about is Gustavo, Bruno and the other members of Revolution Renaissance. All of these guys (most of them at least) joined the band with the hopes that it would actually turn into a big name in the power metal scene, worldwide touring and what not (I know this for a fact before you guys start saying that they all knew what they were getting into). Big shame.

I can't see the name Gustavo without laughing my butt off. After all, this is the guy who was "fucking Adagio". Right up there with Pathosray's "we'll kick our ass for you", Gustavo's comment when running out on stage at PP is the funniest shit ever :))))

c.

I can't see the name Gustavo without laughing my butt off. After all, this is the guy who was "fucking Adagio". Right up there with Pathosray's "we'll kick our ass for you", Gustavo's comment when running out on stage at PP is the funniest shit ever :))))

c.

HA! You're fucking Claus!! :lol:

:lol: You know I was just watching that live video of their ProgPower performance and that line is friggin' priceless. It's one of the best quotes by a band onstage in the history of the event. :lol:

It almost beats Midnight's quote during the Kamelot performance the same year:

"........?!? ........ " (headbangs and exits the stage)

Can't you guys stop mocking Tolkki already? :Smug: It's been years and now he is mostly making noise again to push the 3rd release of RR named "Trinity". Which, btw, is an exellent CD, the best from RR if I may say. :cool:

Go standing in the line, it will be released September 24. by Napalm Records.

Can't you guys stop mocking Tolkki already? :Smug:
No, we can't. Not until he stops making stupid statements in public.

St Enigma said:
It's been years and now he is mostly making noise again to push the 3rd release of RR named "Trinity". Which, btw, is an exellent CD, the best from RR if I may say. :cool:

It's the best from RR, which unfortunately isn't saying much. He's doing good though when it comes to generate publicity to his new records by doing stupid shit, that's for sure. To be honest with you, I am bitter with Tolkki thanks to his crazy publicity stunt pulled a few years ago. I had a lot of respect for the guy. He may have written some of the best power metal anthems in history. Don't tell me to stop picking on him when he pulled something that was that deceiving.

St Enigma said:
Go standing in the line, it will be released September 24. by Napalm Records.

Ok now, it's not THAT good to have someone stand in line for. Easy now. :lol:

To be honest with you, I am bitter with Tolkki thanks to his crazy publicity stunt pulled a few years ago. Don't tell me to stop picking on him when he pulled something that was that deceiving.

I still can't believe that so many people were fooled by it back then. It doesn't make any sense that people bought into it.

c.

I still can't believe that so many people were fooled by it back then. It doesn't make any sense that people bought into it.

c.

You know, when you look back at it, I can't either. But you know very well that plenty of people fell for it, including countless media outlets (respectable ones), fans, other fellow musicians, promoters, etc. Sure it's crazy, but considering it's Tolkki, it was plausible.

That supposed hired female singer or whatever?
I remember the crazy publicity photos, which were very Hot Topic-like.

Yeap. Miss K, the mental breakdown, the attack out in the streets, this...

tolkki_blood.jpg

c.

This.

Whe I saw them playing at Tavastia Helsinki in May 2004 after the supposed big "fistfight" between the two Timos in fall 2003 it was quite clear that they weren't holding a grudge of any kind.

Tolkki's stories about the Kabbalah-book falling from the bookself in front of him as a sign were just a bit too thick, for me at least. And, I've seen true blood on a human face, so can't fool me by smearing with theater fake.

Tolkki's stories about the Kabbalah-book falling from the bookself in front of him as a sign were just a bit too thick, for me at least.

:LOL: I did not know about that one!! :lol:

You know, it was always crazy enough to raise skepticism. I mean, you couldn't (or you could) make up shit like that.

You know, when you look back at it, I can't either. But you know very well that plenty of people fell for it, including countless media outlets (respectable ones), fans, other fellow musicians, promoters, etc. Sure it's crazy, but considering it's Tolkki, it was plausible.

I fell for it, but I was like 15 at the time. Those were some great times in high school, man. Tolkki was the talk of the campus :kickass:

Can't you guys stop mocking Tolkki already? :Smug:

When he keeps bringing this shit up time and time again, he deserves it. All he has to do is ignore these interviewers when they ask questions about Stratovarius. Instead, he says the same stuff over and over again. If this is a ploy for marketing of the new RR album, that is quite sad and stupid, actually since by talking about this stuff, all he's doing is digging himself a hole with his fans. No such thing as bad publicity? Not in this case.

Interesting. I figured an old schooler such as yourself would appreciate the Lizzy. Theatrics aside, Master of Disguise in particular is an amazing metal album.

Heck yeah! "Master..." has some incredible songs, especially the title song as well as "Love Is A Crime". Great stuff.

Most of their old albums are classics. Can't deny that! It would be like saying that WASP or Twisted Sister didn't have any relevance back in the day either.

c.

I fell for it, but I was like 15 at the time. Those were some great times in high school, man. Tolkki was the talk of the campus :kickass:

LOL, You and your school rule! I would love to be a part of any high school where he was the talk of the campus.

In my high school I would have been lucky to find 20 people who could name 5 Dokken songs, 5 people who ever heard of Dream Theater or one person who knew who Fates Warning was....let alone anyone saying Timo Tolkki.

He gave up the rights to the name...he knew damn well that they would carry on without him.

I also have to laugh at his statement that had anyone left Stratovarius back in the day, then they all would have agreed to change the name LOL, yeah ok. I am sorry, I think Jens is a great person and keyboard player, but if he up and left I am quite sure, Stratovarius would have pressed on :p

I thank Timo for all of the music he has given us, but he is a joke when opens his mouth. ( ok, when he opened his mouth and sang in the early eras, I did like that ) but these statements of his are absurd.

When he keeps bringing this shit up time and time again, he deserves it. All he has to do is ignore these interviewers when they ask questions about Stratovarius. Instead, he says the same stuff over and over again. If this is a ploy for marketing of the new RR album, that is quite sad and stupid, actually since by talking about this stuff, all he's doing is digging himself a hole with his fans. No such thing as bad publicity? Not in this case.

Well, when he says that he never thought the remaining guys would be starting the band again under name Stratovarius again he means it. Due the fact that all contracts were signed by him personally it wasn't possible to continue releasing CDs with him remaining in the band. Obviously he thought the guys wouldn't be able to bail out without him, either so he gave everythig to them, which was mostly the debts.

There were loads if shit happening behind the scenes between 2005 - 2008, most of it related to Sanctuary Records going bankrupt and landing in the lap of Universal Records by summer 07. Strato, or Tolkki alone to be precise, had signed a 4 CD deal for Strato with Sanc in fall 2003 nad lifted a huge advance from signign it. Amidst the commecial circus Tolkki, Jens, Timo K and Jorg put up (Street-attacks&blooood! Miss K! Kabbalah omens!) they got only the S/T rushed out in 2005 before Sanc halted all further releases due poor financial situation and later ended bankrupt. Universal took over the ruins and the pending contracts but had no interest in releasing small volume (to them, that is) metal CDs. Strato was stuck and sinking with an already recorded next CD tentatively named "Revolution Renaissance" which they could not release, negotiations about bailing out the contract made with the late Sanc were stalling... :err:
In fall 2007 Tolkki lost the nerve and told Strato was over and done and left with the unreleased CD which then became re-recorded as "New Era" by a new band named... tadaaa... Revolution Renaissance.

Quite a real life soap, but most of it was due circumstances, and happened out of the band members' and Tolkki's reach. Nothing they could do when the big business fell a tsunami over them.

Yep, this was the shortened Reader's Digest version of the nevereding novel called "Stratovarius: The Rise and Fall of Mastermind Tolkki" :lol: - but like Phoenix he will rise... :cool: