TNT for ProgPower???

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
I just got the new TNT album All The Way To The Sun and it is quite good. I was also a big fan of the one before this My Religion. I don't own any of their older stuff but I know it is great because I have heard some of it. Certain tunes are even very power metalish. I was thinking a band like this could work for ProgPower even as high up as a number 4 band. It worked out with Pink Cream 69 who are a hard rock band. I guarantee that TNT can go over really well and they never tour here. Any opinions?

booB said:
*waits for Stephanie's reply to this thread* :lol:

Hmmm...well since you have been waiting I had better live up to expectations. OK, here goes:

TNT! TNT! TNT! TNT! TNT! TNT! TNT! TNT! TNT! TNT! TNT! TNT! TNT! TNT! TNT! TNT!

That's one "TNT!" for every year I've been waiting to see them! I'd LOVE to see them at PP VII!! :headbang:

Steph

Yarg. I wasn't planning to be at PP next year in favor of WorldCon in LA (different set of nerds!), but TNT on the roster would put a serious kink in that plan!

TheGraveDigger said:
I just got the new TNT album All The Way To The Sun and it is quite good. I was also a big fan of the one before this My Religion. I don't own any of their older stuff but I know it is great because I have heard some of it. Certain tunes are even very power metalish. I was thinking a band like this could work for ProgPower even as high up as a number 4 band. It worked out with Pink Cream 69 who are a hard rock band. I guarantee that TNT can go over really well and they never tour here. Any opinions?

Definitely, their new stuff is very good but you've got to go back and pick
up KNIGHTS OF THE NEW THUNDER and TELL NO TALES, they would have to play a bunch off of those, INTUITION as well. Great suggestion!

Neal

jaimek said:
Yarg. I wasn't planning to be at PP next year in favor of WorldCon in LA (different set of nerds!),

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...indeed, 'different' is the word. But $150+ admission for Worldcon doesn't thrill me, when D*C is half the price (or less) and frankly, a lot more interesting. :)

I've never been to D*C, so I can't really say if it's more interesting than WorldCon. However, as much as I love the PP folks, WC will have an entirely different set of friends that have been neglected for a couple of years. And $150 for WC isn't much more than PP - and I can do an installment plan.

I just wish I could do BOTH!

I wanna see them too on PPVII. Ronni Le Tekro is too amazing of a guitarist...and Tore Ostby got a lot of lessons from him (they used to be neighbors in Norway)...you can hear it in Tore's playing...anyway i really like this way of crunchiness and picking note for note on the guitar. And Tnt is quite an old band, thus i wish to see them at least as before the headline or at least third.

Hello all, Zane here:

I have been working in distribution with TNT's labels for yearz!!! If Glenn says OK, I will personally call Tony Harnell and ask him to play Progpower VII!!! Whoever stated that idea is absolutely brillant!!! What next, Rush???

Zane
www.cdinzane.com
Minneapolis
763-391-9344

CD INZANE said:
Hello all, Zane here:

I have been working in distribution with TNT's labels for yearz!!! If Glenn says OK, I will personally call Tony Harnell and ask him to play Progpower VII!!! Whoever stated that idea is absolutely brillant!!! What next, Rush???

Zane
www.cdinzane.com
Minneapolis
763-391-9344

Zane, I noticed you wearing your TNT shirt down in Atlanta this past year. Are you by any chance a fan? :D