U.D.O. for PPVI

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
While I think they would probably qualify as an "oddball" band Glenn likes to pick, I really dug Accept in the 80's. I also respect Udo (and Stefan) for carrying on that legacy of one of the best classic metal bands ever to take the stage. Udo's been doing it for over 25 years and I would be tickled to death to see him perform. Wolf and Peter (former Accept guitarist and bassist respectively) now reside in the US, so who knows ? Maybe a song or two from the accept lineup ? hint hint :Spin:

Bryant

Amen Bryant!! UDO would be a sick, sick entry into the next PP line-up!! I saw Accept in 1990 (Death Row tour, I believe) and they killed live!

Obviously I'm in the minority on this thread. I think UDO sucks and hasn't done shit on his solo stuff or with Accept since Restless and Wild. If were going to pay $100 a ticket I'd rather see someone up and coming or in the pinnacle of thier career, not someone whose been on the downside of it for 20 years. :ill:

actordude said:
Amen Bryant!! UDO would be a sick, sick entry into the next PP line-up!! I saw Accept in 1990 (Death Row tour, I believe) and they killed live!
That would have been cool. Been a huge Accept fan for over 20 years, but never had the chance to see them live. :yell: As I said, Peter and Wolf live in the staes, so if Glen could wield some magic, the possibilities could be pretty cool.

Bryant

General Zod said:
I'll second this request.

Oh, wait a minute, you said Udo? I'm sorry, I thought you said Dido. She's hot.

Zod

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I personally am not an Accept/Udo fan, so I really would be oblivious to the matter overall.

And even if I did like them, I just have a feeling about Udo that he would be the type to ask for the whole bank vault for his performance fee (as well as blowjobs, no doubt! :Spin: ), so he probably will never play the PP.

I'm a big UDO fan from back in the day but I wouldnt want to see him on the bill. There are a number of great metal acts that I dont think need to be on the PPUSA bill.

If you want an odd ball band for the bill I'd opt for something out there like Mars Volta, Epica, or Dead Soul Tribe.

Ed

Udo hasn't done shit since his Restless and Wild? Oh my god, now I"ve heard every outrageous comment possible. Like him or not, that's one thing. Dismiss a career of well over 20 years is insulting and to suggest that he is on a "downside" musically is just plain ignorant. Have you even heard anything the man has done since 1983 for christ's sake?

Walter_Langkowski said:

I personally am not an Accept/Udo fan, so I really would be oblivious to the matter overall.

And even if I did like them, I just have a feeling about Udo that he would be the type to ask for the whole bank vault for his performance fee (as well as blowjobs, no doubt! :Spin: ), so he probably will never play the PP.
Well I don't know Udo personally, but people that have met him say he's a pretty shy and humble guy. Of course that doesn't mean he isn't a sly businessman though.... While Accept was a stadium act, UDO doesn't really have much fame here in the states. I don't think they could ask for too much, but you know, this thread is nothing more than wishful thinking in the first place.

Bryant

Walter_Langkowski said:

Is your feeling of animosity toward Udo's greed and apathy due to any particular insight, or just an itch in your ass due to a personal disregard?

Just curious...

Rock on!

zinescene said:
Obviously I'm in the minority on this thread. I think UDO sucks and hasn't done shit on his solo stuff or with Accept since Restless and Wild. If were going to pay $100 a ticket I'd rather see someone up and coming or in the pinnacle of thier career, not someone whose been on the downside of it for 20 years. :ill:
What an ignorant fucking response...

Restless & Wild was just the beginning of something special that the metal world would never quite duplicate...the sub-genre of Teutonic Metal...sure the Scorps kinda invented it (vaguely), but Accept perfected it...

Many have dabbled in it (Angel Dust, Rough Silk, et.al.) without going all the way...but has anyone topped it?

I think not...

Downside, my dick...

ashaman7122 said:
Is your feeling of animosity toward Udo's greed and apathy due to any particular insight, or just an itch in your ass due to a personal disregard?

Just curious...

Rock on!

No particular insight, really, so I guess you could say I'm talking out of my ass! :Spin:

I am just assuming that an established, veteran artist such as UDO would be, as you say, extremely business-savy and would (perhaps) ask for more money than your average headling PP act.

I don't have any personal disregards to him, I just wouldn't call myself a fan. It's not like if he were performing that I would be launching goggles of spit at him from the crowd!

Bryant said:
Well I don't know Udo personally, but people that have met him say he's a pretty shy and humble guy. Of course that doesn't mean he isn't a sly businessman though.... While Accept was a stadium act, UDO doesn't really have much fame here in the states. I don't think they could ask for too much, but you know, this thread is nothing more than wishful thinking in the first place.

Bryant

Indeed Bryant, we all have our sessions of "wishfull thinking" on this board from time to time (not me!! Noooooooo :Spin: )

No, Udo is not extremely popular here, but then again, I wouldn't consider Stratovarius a name band, either, and supposedly they asked for the whole bankvault as well as...you know :Spin: .

But again, we're just speculating, so whatever happens, happens!

Walter_Langkowski said:
Indeed Bryant, we all have our sessions of "wishfull thinking" on this board from time to time (not me!! Noooooooo :Spin: )

No, Udo is not extremely popular here, but then again, I wouldn't consider Stratovarius a name band, either, and supposedly they asked for the whole bankvault as well as...you know :Spin: .

But again, we're just speculating, so whatever happens, happens!

Here is the thing Walter.... I like you and your posts. You are a sarcastic guy, but you make quality posts and I like you.... anyway.....

I'm not a star struck individual. I could carry on a conversation with Bruce Dickenson, Dio.... anyone really, but if there is one person on this planet I "worship" to some degree it is Wolf Hoffmann former guitarist from Accept. I was a young budding guitarist when I discovered Accept and though I am nowhere near his level, my "style" of playing is more or less based on his style though I don't "copy" anything he does. If I were to meet him in person, I could just as easily talk to him in German as I could English even though I don't speak any german because I would look like Daffy Duck trying to talk to him.
What does that have to do with U.D.O. ? Well I didn't like Udo's vocals at all when I first heard him as it was Wolf that kept me listening, but I soon realized Udo was simply an aquired taste and the guy is flat out amazing as a vocalist...... he is just simply "odd." If I were to name my top ten vocalists, most would be technically superior technicians and Udo is on that list and he is also a technically superior technician, his style sometimes masks that though.
As I said, U.D.O. is nothing more than a dream, but Glenn has gone with some "Oldschool" like Savatage and Rage, so why not Udo ? If he actually could get Udo here a little early and get Wolf and Peter to practice with him and have a one-time Accept reunion, how could that be topped ?
To most, TNWOBM was the big scene in 80's "real" metal, but in my ears (and maybe my ears alone) Accept crushed Maiden and Priest in their prime. Accept could be a small possibility if the cards were played right the way I see it.... if just for a one time thing.

Bryant