U.D.O. for PPVI

I know what UDO charged per show on his russian Tour. A very lengthy tour this time around.

He is affordable and very reasonable man. UDO definately fits the Genre of a prog/power show.

Hius concerts are fantastic. He gives 110% all the time and is very appreciative to his fans.

Bryant- Do you have Wolf Hoffman's- Classical album? Very cool stuff

tenebre said:
I know what UDO charged per show on his russian Tour. A very lengthy tour this time around.

Bryant- Do you have Wolf Hoffman's- Classical album? Very cool stuff

Yeah I have Wolf's solo release. I like it pretty well, but it's not "from a technical standpoint" some of his best work. It's still enjoyable though and I wish he would release another.

Bryant

ashaman7122 said:
What an ignorant fucking response...

Restless & Wild was just the beginning of something special that the metal world would never quite duplicate...the sub-genre of Teutonic Metal...sure the Scorps kinda invented it (vaguely), but Accept perfected it...

Many have dabbled in it (Angel Dust, Rough Silk, et.al.) without going all the way...but has anyone topped it?

I think not...
I agree 100%. Even with TNWOBM peaking in the mid-80's I listened to "Metal Heart" and BTtW more than Priest and Maiden combined. Nothing against them as they are great bands, but they didn't hold a candle to mid-80's Accept in my ears. Accept was tough to beat back in the day and I find their music has held up much better than most over time. Great band they were and Udo has done his best to keep their legacy alive with his band.

Bryant

1metal1 said:
Udo hasn't done shit since his Restless and Wild? Oh my god, now I"ve heard every outrageous comment possible. Like him or not, that's one thing. Dismiss a career of well over 20 years is insulting and to suggest that he is on a "downside" musically is just plain ignorant. Have you even heard anything the man has done since 1983 for christ's sake?
Unfortuneately yes I have, I'm on his labels promo list so I've heard quite a bit. His music appeals to me no more than Rage did for others last year, it's a matter of personal preference and I don't find anything about his music appealing. Obviously some people do since he's still putting out CD's.

ashaman7122 said:
What an ignorant fucking response...

Restless & Wild was just the beginning of something special that the metal world would never quite duplicate...the sub-genre of Teutonic Metal...sure the Scorps kinda invented it (vaguely), but Accept perfected it...

Many have dabbled in it (Angel Dust, Rough Silk, et.al.) without going all the way...but has anyone topped it?

I think not...

Downside, my dick...
Oh please, Accept Perfected Teutonic metal??? I don't like UDO's Music, I respect what he's done as a musician, anyone that's stuck with the music scene for 20+ years gets credit for that ...personal taste obviously.

Bryant said:
Accept crushed Maiden and Priest in their prime.

My man Bryant, you now, in my eyes, have balls the size of boulders for that statement alone :Spin: ! I give you a lot of respect for giving us your two cents on your love of the Dirkscchneider-man! I like to hear when people can eloquently state what they like and dislike about a band with passion and sincerety, since I rarely do, as I work (part-time) in an environment where I am forced to hear people's BS about bands all the time. And trust me, the interesting ones are few and far between. Usually, it's like-

me- What do you like about them so much?
Random Guy- Uhhhhh...I dunno... -long pause-...they just rule, man!!!

Yeah. Great. Thanks for the conversation. Somebody put two in the back of my head, please. Can I go home now?

Anyways Bryant, as I have gotten older, I have noticed that certain discs sound different to me nowadays, good and bad, so if you could tell me one U.D.O album that will blow my socks off to the roof, what one would that be?

Walter_Langkowski said:
My man Bryant, you now, in my eyes, have balls the size of boulders for that statement alone :Spin: ! I give you a lot of respect for giving us your two cents on your love of the Dirkscchneider-man! I like to hear when people can eloquently state what they like and dislike about a band with passion and sincerety, since I rarely do, as I work (part-time) in an environment where I am forced to hear people's BS about bands all the time. And trust me, the interesting ones are few and far between. Usually, it's like-

Yeah. Great. Thanks for the conversation. Somebody put two in the back of my head, please. Can I go home now?

Anyways Bryant, as I have gotten older, I have noticed that certain discs sound different to me nowadays, good and bad, so if you could tell me one U.D.O album that will blow my socks off to the roof, what one would that be?

Well I am more of an Accept fan than U.D.O. fan, but Accept wrote and recorded U.D.O.'s first release "Animal House." Though Udo had his own touring band, it was Peter, Wolf, and Stefan on the disc and of course Udo, so that to me is U.D.O.'s finest hour. If "Lay Down the Law" (a track from that release) doesn't make you want to go beat up your neighbor or break something, nothing will. It is a very intense song.
I also don't mind one bit explaining "why" I think Accept were better than their metal comrades like Priest and Maiden:

It all goes back to the "teutonic sound." Teutonic basically means Germanic and that in itself isn't a big deal, but I have never seen a true definition of the word as it relates to the early German metal wave. To me though, the teutonic sound is a style in which the guitars sound almost machine like without sacrificing melody. Also the german greats like Uli, Wolf and Micheal are all masters of the harmonic minor scale (though many of the guitar greats are) and also have a style of phrasing and note choices that seem to come from mostly Germans (though I can think of one other from Norway, namely Mr. Jorn Viggo Lofstat that has a similar phrasing sttyle.)
Maiden lacked power in the guitar sound. While accomplished musicians, there wasn't as much in your face, head banging aggression from Smith and co. Most of the power from that band came from Mr. air raid siren, Dickenson.
Priest did offer the great blend of power and melody in their guitar attack, but the rythm section was extremely basic. Stefan Kaufmann was playing double bass back in 1981 and Peter Baltes was also a great bassist. To this day, Accept's huge "gang" vocals that are present on BttW, Metal Heart and Russian Roulette as well as later albums are still hard to beat.
I think the two main resons Accept never acquired the popularity of the aforementioned bands were because of Udo's unique vocal delivery, as he is definately an acquired taste, but still a very talented vocalist, and the fact that Accept delved into some topics that were a little taboo with some sexually ambiguous stuff. That was the brainchild of Gaby Hawk (aka deaffy) now Gaby Hoffmann who was Accept's manager and now Wolf's wife as she wrote the lyrics for the band from BttW onward.
Anyway, you will find that there are some big Accept fans around and we are a loyal bunch. In the grand scheme of things metal, I think they have quite a large niche. To this day, "Metal Heart" and BttW sill get spins fairly often in my player even after twenty years and I can't say that about many CDs.

Bryant

zinescene said:
Oh please, Accept Perfected Teutonic metal??? I don't like UDO's Music, I respect what he's done as a musician, anyone that's stuck with the music scene for 20+ years gets credit for that ...personal taste obviously.

I agree with Ashaman as well. I think Accept was the best classic/power metal band to come from Germany. It's all just personal taste as you stated though. In my experience with metal message boards, Accept has always been one of those strange topics though, like "best FW vocalist" or "best Metal Church vocalist" that can get a little polarized.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I agree with Ashaman as well. I think Accept was the best classic/power metal band to come from Germany. It's all just personal taste as you stated though. In my experience with metal message boards, Accept has always been one of those strange topics though, like "best FW vocalist" or "best Metal Church vocalist" that can get a little polarized.

Bryant
Thanks, man!

Ooo...after this...we SHOULD debate the FW and Metal Church vocalist issues...hmm?

Watch the fur fly...ha!

Rock on!

Walter_Langkowski said:

Walter, I agree with the "Lay Down the Law" recommendation from Bryant's post. It's just a plain ass kicking song.

As for the solo U.D.O stuff, I'll throw my 2 cents in since I agree with every word that Bryant has uttered on this matter. The best solo for me would have to be "TimeBomb". It has the most muscle of the bunch. Since the timebomb release back in, oh let's say 1990-1992, U.D.O goes in cycles: 1 heavy cd, 1 lighter cd. You'll want to avoid "solid" and "man and machine" until the end. Otherwise, any are good picks.

ashaman7122 said:
Thanks, man!

Ooo...after this...we SHOULD debate the FW and Metal Church vocalist issues...hmm?

Watch the fur fly...ha!

Rock on!

Oh I have seen some brutal stuff by the oldschoolers debating their Howe/Wayne prefernce of Metal Church. I think it may be better suited for a different forum though. Metal Church might not have gained the popularity of say Metallica or Megadeth (of course Metal Church was more power than thrash) but their fanbase is bigger than many might think.

Bryant

1metal1 said:
Walter, I agree with the "Lay Down the Law" recommendation from Bryant's post. It's just a plain ass kicking song.

As for the solo U.D.O stuff, I'll throw my 2 cents in since I agree with every word that Bryant has uttered on this matter. The best solo for me would have to be "TimeBomb". It has the most muscle of the bunch. Since the timebomb release back in, oh let's say 1990-1992, U.D.O goes in cycles: 1 heavy cd, 1 lighter cd. You'll want to avoid "solid" and "man and machine" until the end. Otherwise, any are good picks.

Anyone who doesn't own any Accept or U.D.O. CDs, there is one thing to remember......... Udo's vocals are extremely unique. I honestly think Udo is THE most recognizable vocalist there is because of that uniqueness, but at the same time, some people can't "get" his style. The main reason I stated people are "polarized" strongly with UDO/Accept is because some people think he can't sing for shit and others, like myself think he is amazing. The same can be said for POS though... so...... it's just simply a warning.
1Metal! I agree with your assessment as well. UDO has been a little spotty, but so was Accept after the initial breakup to me. The magic was gone even if they put out some good stuff and actually heavier stuff in the 90's as opposed to the 80's but there was something missing that I couldn't really put my finger on even if I tried.

Bryant

Walter_Langkowski said:
Okay, I've got picks for "Animal House", "Timebomb", and "Metal Heart" so far. These are all U.D.O releases? It's up to you guys to narrow it down to one for me, so make it a good one!

Thanks, guys!!

"Metal Heart" is Accept, but superior to any UDO in mt ears. It's probably my fave Accept CD along with "Balls to the Wall."

Bryant

here are picks I would give

Accept : Metal Heart , Restless and Wild or just get Staying a Life - Live the 2CD version

UDO - Holy, Man and Machine, Thunderball

Honestly all the accept UDO stuff is excellent (just avout Accept - Eat the Heat) anything else is worth getting)

VENOM4188 said:
U.D.O. is a cool band and I would love to see them live. Great Suggestion

Thanks. Considering they also do plenty of Accept covers, I think the PP crowd would enjoy them. The old guy (Udo) has had two heart attacks and still rocks hard as he can. I have a lot of respect for him.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Thanks. Considering they also do plenty of Accept covers, I think the PP crowd would enjoy them. The old guy (Udo) has had two heart attacks and still rocks hard as he can. I have a lot of respect for him.

Bryant

Although, to differ from you, my favorite record of Accept is Restless & Wild :worship: