Ultimate Album Side-Black Metal

Well now you can all laugh at my very limited knowledge of black metal, so here goes!

Immortal - "Sons of Northern Darkness"
Finntroll - "RivFader"
Vintersorg - "Under Norrskenets Fallande Ljusspel"
Bal-Sagoth - "The Hammer of the Emperor"
In Flames - "Colony"
Teratism - "The Blessing of Death"

Well now, you can use the lists made by all the other posters to have a better idea so when you reevaluate, you'll not feel unedumacated :)

...And Oceans - Mechanic Hippie
Immortal - Frozen by Icewinds
Naglfar - As the Twilight Gave Birth to the Night
1349 - I Am Abomination
Melechesh - Rebirth of the Nemesis
Nachtmystium - The Wound Which Cannot Heal

Emperor-I Am The Black Wizards
Burzum-Feeble Screams From Forests Unknown
Darkthrone-A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Deathspell Omega- Si Monvmentvn Reqvires, Circnmspice
Enslaved-Lunar Force

Emperor-I Am The Black Wizards
Burzum-Feeble Screams From Forests Unknown
Darkthrone-A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Deathspell Omega- Si Monvmentvn Reqvires, Circnmspice
Enslaved-Lunar Force

oops only pocked 5 the 6th would probably be:

Darkthrone-Crossing the Triangle of Flames:headbang:

Once again Venom picks a subgenre that I just ain't down with. :p I'll pass...

~Brian~

The closest I'm usually willing to get to black metal is Agalloch. I think I have Enslaved's Isa album too, which was good but it never really grabbed me.

As far as actual track names, I'd say:

Agalloch - 'Falling Snow'
Enslaved - 'Return to Yggdrasill'

I don't listen to a lot of black metal but I'm surprised people still consider Cradle of Filth to be black metal. I just don't hear it.

Anyway for my list I can throw in bands I like, but particular songs, not sure..

Nachmysticum
Emperor - something off Anthems
Satyricon
Anaal Nathrak
Darkthrone

Enslaved-Return to Yggdrasill
Dimmu Borgir-Mourning Palace
Immortal-Tyrants
Agalloch-In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion
Moonsorrow-Varjojen Virta
Akercocke-Intractable

Well now, you can use the lists made by all the other posters to have a better idea so when you reevaluate, you'll not feel unedumacated :)

:lol: Good point!

I am not an expert in black metal by any stretch of the imagination. I like a few selections here and there, but I'm not a super-fan. IMMORTAL is pretty much the only black metal band I am very familiar with since I have all of their albums. I have been dabbling in it more and more since I've actually booked a few black metal shows recently in my area.

Anyway for my list I can throw in bands I like, but particular songs, not sure..

I heard 1349 for the first time when I produced their Minnesota stop on their tour in April. They were absolutely amazing and had incredible on-stage energy. They connected immediately with the audience and delivered an outstanding show. 1349 is definitely a band I think we'll be hearing about more in the future.

Me and the demons of 1349 before their show in St. Paul, MN - 4/09/2007
a SwordLord Production

I heard 1349 for the first time when I produced their Minnesota stop on their tour in April. They were absolutely amazing and had incredible on-stage energy. They connected immediately with the audience and delivered an outstanding show. 1349 is definitely a band I think we'll be hearing about more in the future.

Me and the demons of 1349 before their show in St. Paul, MN - 4/09/2007
a SwordLord Production

That's awesome! Ravn looks so grim.

That's awesome! Ravn looks so grim.

Incidentally, you'll notice something on the table at the right. I was told that the band was in the dressing room "doing their pre-show ritual." When I came down to get this picture, there was a tub of water and blood on the floor and that item on the table.

I still have not identified that item.

I am NOT making this up ...