Unisonic song up

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
New demo song finally up. In case you don't know this is Kiske's new vehicle. The new song sounds ace with a seriously catchy chorus. Looking forward to this album. Promises a lot. I do hope there is another Place Vendome album though cause Streets of Fire was absolute amazing beyond words. Kiske should do an album with Erik Martensson I reckon. This Erik boy is a genius of melodic song writing and he's probably the number one shit hot songwriter in Europe for melodic rock right now. Magnus Karlsson used to have that title wrapped up but Erik is the new undisputed king. Erik wrote a couple of song for Place Vendome but not the whole album like in W.E.T. Hopefully there will be a new W.E.T album next year as well. I'm sure Frontiers has commissioned itafter the massive success of the debut. Anyway check Unisonic's song out if you like Kiske and melodic rock you won't be disappointed at all.

http://www.myspace.com/unisonic

Nah, I still gotta go with Magnus Karlsson. The WET album was good, but give Karlsson Jeff Scott Soto and see what happens. The only fair comparison is Place Vendome, where both contributed songs, and Guardian Angel has been the song that's stood out in most reviews of the albums as the best song.

Also, looking at main bands, I just don't think Eclipse is anywhere near Last Tribe.

Man I have to disagree. Eclipse's last cd was off the hook and better than anything Last Tribe has ever put out although I like LT a lot. We will see what Magnus can come up with on the third Allen/Lande disk. Magnus also failed to light up Primal Fear IMO. His contributions to the last two PF albums were not all that exciting for me.

Probably a difference in taste. You seem to prefer melodic rock while I'm more of a power metal guy.

Karlsson is just one small part of the Primal Fear machine, sharing songwriting duties with two other guys. I think Primal Fear is better with Karlsson, although I don't think it's the best use of Karlsson's talents. But it probably pays the bills better than anything else he does.

Man I have to disagree. Eclipse's last cd was off the hook and better than anything Last Tribe has ever put out although I like LT a lot. We will see what Magnus can come up with on the third Allen/Lande disk. Magnus also failed to light up Primal Fear IMO. His contributions to the last two PF albums were not all that exciting for me.

Agreed - Eclipse kicks Last Tribe's ass by a mile.
Magnus has become a very boring and predictable songwriter!

I'll grant that he's gotten predictable. A Magnus Karlsson song is very identifiable these days. I didn't have to be told that he wrote Guardian Angel on the Place Vendome album, because it was SO Magnus. Same goes for a couple of the Primal Fear songs on the latest album like 5.0/Torn. That one has Magnus' fingerprints all over it.

But Eclipse better than Last Tribe? I just don't see it. His songwriting style was a little different on the Last Tribe albums, so they never get stale. The talent of the musicians on Last Tribe blows away Eclipse, as good as Eclipse is. And Eclipse is a straight-up melodic rock band, while Last Tribe has something for the melodic rock fans, the power metal fans, and even some prog elements.

I suspect that Karlsson's songwriting issue is mainly because he's so busy and in demand. There's a type of song he can write in his sleep, and at least two or three of that type of song end up on every Karlsson-written album. But it doesn't take away from the fact that the best Karlsson-penned songs, which also show up on every album, are incredible. Martensson just hasn't written a Wake Up Call, or a Come Alive, or an Open Your Eyes yet. What he did do was write a pretty good melodic rock album and a great album showing what Journey would have sounded like with Jeff Scott Soto still in the band.