Vanden Plas - Chronicles of the Immortals (Netherworld)

I'm resurrecting old threads today. This one is 5 years old. However, I'd like to add my comment to this one.

This Vanden Plas album is, in my opinion, a masterpiece. Its so rich and filled with so many musical elements and themes it blows me away every time I listen to it. I'll have to admit, when they played at ProgPower XVIII I was a little bit disappointed they didn't play anything off this album. Still, anytime you can see @VandenPlas is a good day, and I loved their performance nonetheless.

Does anyone think bringing Vanden Plas back to play this album - in its entirety - would be a good idea?
Are they working on a new album? Has anyone heard or read any recent news about them?

Are they working on a new album? Has anyone heard or read any recent news about them?

The official Vanden Plas website has a news section with some items of interest...

"....‪‪Vp proudly announces the release of their complete professional musical career so far – „The epic works“ box set. The to a great extend remastered cd box set contains a lot of bonus material and rarities. The most cd´s are also available in vinyl.
Planned release: 12.07.2019 @Frontiers Records..."

"...‪Vp proudly announces the release of the first part of the double album: „the Ghost Xperiment“ – „AwakeIng“‪
„the Ghost Xperiment“ – „AwakeIng“‪ is an imaginary concept inspired by a paranormal experiment that really happened ! The story relates the long and arduous journey of Gideon Grace, whose path to self-discovery and to his greatest love is threatened by three demonic beings…
‪…It is the first of December – somewhere in Time!
Planned release : Autumn 2019 @Frontiers Records...."

"....‪… Second part – „Illumination“ is already in work – coming soon …."

Reactions: NorseBlood and Kez