Vanden Plas - Seraphic Clockwork

One more question Ken,

Do you know if it's going to include a bonus track?

According to a Danish website, it includes

09. Eleyson (5:32) (Bonus track)

To be honest I don't know so I won't say one way or the other. If I had to guess I would say it does but take that with a grain of salt.

As someone who has purchased many releases on the Frontiers label, I think it will be safe to say that the initial European digipack version will have the bonus track ye seek.

Paul

Question about preordering:

I know you say to not include preorders with your regular orders, but what if I include in the shipping notes that I want to delay my order until Vanden Plas comes in?

The reason I ask is I usually buy CDs in sets of three so that the priority shipping is only +40 cents from the regular shipping. I would like to place a preorder now but I don't want to pay $2.20 to ship one disc with slow shipping.

EDIT: Ken, I just noticed that The Obsidian Conspiracy limited box set w/ 2 bonus tracks was not posted on your front page! I totally would have picked this up if I knew you had it! I just got the Digipak version w/ 1 bonus track.

You can combine your preorder with your regular order but it just delays processing. I prefer that you don't do it....but no one ever listens to us anyway.

Ordered!

I'm super stoked for this one. VP is one of my favorite bands ever and they never disappoint. If this album is as half as good as Christ 0, I will still be happy. I've read a couple of reviews and they are extremely positive, one saying it tops Christ 0 which is saying something....

Do what reviewers write influence your buying habits, Mully?

Not that much...They just pump me more when they are positive and make me listen to the music more carefully when they are a bit negative. I usually check out samples or myspace or amazong. But Vanden Plas has always been a no brainer...Same as Oceansize, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater and side projects, Shadow Gallery, anything by Marcel Coenen, anything with Ty Tabor, anything having to do with Fates Warning, Jim Matheos, and Ray Alder...These are bands I just get whatever they release without hearing a note.

There's a band called Nosound, which supposedly Jim Matheos was collaborating on...They just released A Sense of Loss...Well to my surprise (and foolishly misunderstanding the Nosound newsletter), Jim is collaborating with a guy from Nosound (Claudio) along with Tim Bowness...called Machine something). Anyways, to make a long story short, this was one of my Top 3 albums of the year from 2009. Sometimes this happens and most of the times the outcome is great, but there are some where they just fail to grab me (example, Lunatic Soul from Riverside's vocalist). Sorry for the rambling, don't even know why I typed this out..LOL