Vanden Plas - Seraphic Clockwork

Upon my first listen, I have to say it's amazing. I don't think it tops Christ 0...yet...The Seraphic Clockwork starts very very strong and ends a bit weak but that feeling might change. I'm upon my 2nd spin and I'm liking it more...

I still have to listen to Trey Gunn's Modulator, which I just got in the mail as well..

Damn. I'm just watching the extra bonus video included and the Ludus Danielis opera seems it's worth the 35 bucks to get it!

I hope VP releases the music and in english!!

I think it's a blend of The God Thing and Christ 0, mostly the latter. I've been digging this "theatrical" phase that VP are doing right now. The CD has a clip of the Ludus Danielis play they are doing in Germany and it sounds amazing. Too bad I don't know German..LOL.

Anyways, the opening track is killer and it seems it's my favorite so far. There's some serious down tuned guitars on this one (tuned down or 7 strings...I can't tell which one.). The concept is a bit more complicated than Christ 0. But so far, I'm loving this release. Christ 0 was hard to top but maybe this one will upon more listens.