Wacken performance audio release possible?

Tumn

baptized in blood
Feb 8, 2005
Washington, USA
Not sure how Mikael's contract was worked out with Roadrunner when he signed, but since BD and RTC are still both being produced and sold in various formats, couldn't the audio from the Wacken show be released on a CD? I know there are different contractual laws with video performances and audio. It shouldn't conflict with anything if we don't have a DVD release yet and just have the audio released since then it would be just like all the other CDs? I don't know if this has been discussed maybe, but it would be something nice to hold us over till the video can be released.

it's not about the formats, it's about the contractual rights and periods. breeding death and resurrection through carnage was both executed prior to his roadrunner signing, so those released can be produced in whatever format and roadrunner doesn't have a say.
however, the dvd performance was done while mike was a roadrunner artist, so thats where the current obstacles come in... speaking of which, im gonna give this another push.

Not sure how Mikael's contract was worked out with Roadrunner when he signed, but since BD and RTC are still both being produced and sold in various formats, couldn't the audio from the Wacken show be released on a CD? I know there are different contractual laws with video performances and audio. It shouldn't conflict with anything if we don't have a DVD release yet and just have the audio released since then it would be just like all the other CDs? I don't know if this has been discussed maybe, but it would be something nice to hold us over till the video can be released.

I'll make this very simple. Fuck Roadrunner.

Mediocre nu metal and metalcore bands; releasing a Deicide Best Of album and having Joey fucking Jordison talk about how metal they are; fucking over Bloodbath fans with their bullshit - fuck Roadrunner.

What's about a petition we could propound Roadrunner? I'm sure there would be thousands of Bloodbath-Fans who would sign this....
By hook or by crook, I need that fucking DVD!!!

I'll make this very simple. Fuck Roadrunner.

Mediocre nu metal and metalcore bands; releasing a Deicide Best Of album and having Joey fucking Jordison talk about how metal they are; fucking over Bloodbath fans with their bullshit - fuck Roadrunner.

Be quiet child. Forgodsake, the label can see theres money to be made in this. They want to push a deal (possibly unfair to the other partys involved) Sure roadrunner may be greedy but at the end of it all any record label with solid agreements and contracts with big distribution and merchandising is going to be pushing for a deal towards their benefit. What would be the point for them otherwise..

Be quiet child. Forgodsake, the label can see theres money to be made in this. They want to push a deal (possibly unfair to the other partys involved) Sure roadrunner may be greedy but at the end of it all any record label with solid agreements and contracts with big distribution and merchandising is going to be pushing for a deal towards their benefit. What would be the point for them otherwise..

I see. So, because at the time one quarter of Bloodbath were also signed to Roadrunner Records (of which, he was only one fifth of the signed band), you can see justification in Roadrunner holding up the release of the entire performance.

I understand business. I work in business, and I understand the concepts of contracts and joint agreements. But what Roadrunner are doing is pathetic.

Yeah because they have serious leverage over the whole thing. So really they can do what the want and the only aspect of caring for bloodbaths fans will be how much money they will see out of the whole thing i would imagine.

Yeah because they have serious leverage over the whole thing. So really they can do what the want and the only aspect of caring for bloodbaths fans will be how much money they will see out of the whole thing i would imagine.

Uhhhh, yeah. I understand that. I wanted to clarify that you can justify what Roadrunner are doing. They allow release eventually, at an inflated price so they can take extra profits. You will pay the extra?