Warning: Tom Argo (Wherewolf) is at it again...

Sorry that happened to you. I don't remember any specifics but I think "Dick Butt" probably sums him up.

This will be my only post on the following, since some pretty outrageous claims were made and people who only read this forum may not know the whole story. I have a lot of respect for Glenn, his festival and forum, and only wish to refute a few points and do not have the intent to create a full on forum-war, which was actually initiated by the original post.

So he gets the link, and rather than bring it to the band's attention, he shares it in the forum, and actually encourages people to share the link and to buy the record while they could! And I am sad to report that one of the people who purchased that leaked record is a ProgPower attendee. Shame, shame on you, sir. :-(

As an FYI, legitimate links to purchase the new Queensryche record via iTunes and Amazon were shared by other forum users, not site administrators. They were allowed for a brief period of time on the forum for people to purchase the record from these vendors. The website did not promote or allow the release of pirated material, as anyone who wanted the record had to buy it from a reputable vendor.

Any comparison to this Tom Argo person is ridiculous, since that guy seems to deliberately impersonate music industry insiders via a false persona in order to trick a band into releasing unreleased material.

Also, I understand that the Progpower community is close-knit, but shaming someone for spending their own hard-earned money and buying a record? :confused: Isn't that what we all want to see?

And that fan that you are shaming has gone on record stating that they loved the self-titled debut with Todd so much that they bought over 10 copies and gave them to people in order to turn others onto the album. That's extremely selfless behavior, if you ask me. Your anger is severely misplaced, and I'm shocked that this close-knit progpower community thinks that it is ok for one of it's own to sit here and blast someone who also purchased a ticket to the festival and attended this year. Based on the fan's review on another forum, they had a wonderful time at the fest as well. What if this fan reads this forum and sees that a progpower 'favorite' thinks that it's ok to come over here and shame them? Does Glenn lose a ticket sale for next year because they're don't feel like part of the clique?

The only reason he took the link down was because Ryche's lawyer wrote him a cease and desist!

Correct, to pacify the band's lawyer only as they have a friendly relationship offline. There was no legal breach initiated by the website or forum, since Amazon and iTunes were the ones that committed the error.

And all the while, knowing that he is hurting the band and the fans (a select group of which are Pledgers, who contributed their own money to the record in order to get sneak peeks and signed copies before anyone else)

The band is responsible for the pledgemusic campaign and fans are responsible for pledging their own money. Finding a fansite at fault for errors committed by Amazon or iTunes is ridiculous. People still are receiving their benefits through the Pledgemusic campaign.

I guess my reason for sharing this is that there are Tom Argos all over the place, and they are very damaging to a band's reputation, from both a business standpoint as well as a fan perspective - case in point, why did I pledge $250 for exclusivity when this dick downloaded it and showed others how to download it, a month before the release date? (I'm not saying that's my reaction; it's not)
My big fear with nutjobs like this are that they eventually turn into assassins - If I no can haz, NOBODY can haz - and then the shit starts getting really real. I think Jon Lennon and Selena would agree.

Again, finding someone at fault for saying "hey, have at it while it's available to purchase on Amazon or iTunes" is ridiculous. There is a world of difference between what people say this Tom Argo guy does and any digital vendor's accidental release of the Queensryche album.

You chose to pledge $250 to the band, nobody forced you to. If you have an issue with what you received in return for it, the fault does not lie with a fan's website. Try directing your anger at Amazon, iTunes, or maybe even the band themselves if you feel that you didn't get your $250 worth.

Coming to a different forum and slandering that site administrator is incredibly childish....and comparing them to an assassin?

Methinks the gent doth protest much.
You already emailed me privately with this exact response, so posting it here is just trying to stir the shitpot. Keep your drama out of our gathering places, please.

Back to reality - As far as Tom is concerned, I had no idea this ran as deep or as long as it did. I never met the man but it is disturbing to hear from actual bands on this matter corroborating these stories. Tom, if you're still reading this thread, get yourself some help before you burn another bridge.

I don't know squat about the Queensrcyhe stuff. Let's keep that civil and private from here on if possible. I do understand if one more rebuttal needs to be made. It's only fair.

Sorry, Bossman.

Rycher, I apologize. I misread your inline quotes. I also received an email from the person in question in the same format. My intent was not to start a fight. I was merely sharing my experience with a similar type of individual, and I had no malicious intent - I didn't name names or cite links. I appreciate your detailed response, however far from accurate it may be.
I am considering the matter over and I trust that you'll do the same - I won't be responding to any further posts on the subject. :)

Well, it seems that Mr. Argo couldn't control himself and has reactivated his Metal Asylum Facebook page where happens to go by the alias "John Mascente of Metal Asylum." He is currently reaching out to bands again and asking for promos because he has a non-existent webzine where he does pretend interviews and reviews bands in his mind. Here he is last year begging for bands:Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 11.19.47 AM.png

Someone should make sure the bands didn't fall for his lies. What else has he been up to? Here we see Tom in his natural habitat begging for promos without actually asking for them. Because of his non-existent webzine where he does pretend interviews and reviews bands in his mind.Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 11.19.47 AM.png

Was it something I said Tom? Are you here as Forever Prog? Or MilkyLicker? Or Wherewolf? Or InnerPeace? Or 7thSaviour? Or Rocky Balboa? How many more personalities can I find?

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 5.15.12 PM.png

I can't help but be totally and thoroughly entertained by yesterday's posts. Guess he deleted his newest alter ego. Thank you for the info and chuckles.
Thanks man! I'm happy to entertain! I have some more but promised the wife brunch today. Stand by for a bit more fun. I also have his address and phone numbers (not his father's info) but since I respect this forum too much, I won't be breaking any rules.

thanks corrections pages 6 and 3 Cropped.jpg OK..Stop wasting your time trolling my facebook and writing about me, I'm sure you have your own life to worry about. I thought this forum was a positive place? . I wrote under a pen name for obvioius reasons, which IS common, AND MOST of the ppl. I was friends with know it was me, Tom, and why I was John M... Also, you are dead wrong about my "names". I was Wherewolf, InnerPeace years ago and now Forever Prog..none of the others are accurate. KEEP MY FAMILY OUT OF THIS!!! DO NOT threaten with my address or phone number man, I have young kids so don't get them involved, I take that as a serious threat. The band Vitruvius know who I am and yes I had their last 2 albums mastered, good friends of mine, but I don't owe you an explanation, the band knows me. I WAS going to start a zine under my own name but I knew I would be messed with even worse so I decided to have a site under a pen name..Let it go, leave me alone..move on. This topic is 6 years old and all I did now was write under a pen name and had a website, but no more. I was hoping to start over as ME and see what happens, but bravo dude, you changed my mind, you're a hero. Go find someone else to pick on and post their FB posts. Read the "Special Thanks" from their new album.

Last edited:
He's still at it.

My band "Mutiny Within" was approached by this guy for reviewing for his metal magazine. At first I agreed to giving him a promotional link to the album. This was late December. I stated that he would get his copy no earlier than Feb 1st 2017.

He then came back early Jan asking for the link. I explained the situation again.

I then found out he'd been befriending other members of my band and putting across the impression that I'd said it was fine for them to send him a link to the promotional copy. At this point I messaged him explaining he would not be getting a copy of the album at all now and to stop contacting me.

Then today he almost had me. My bassist emailed me saying that a reviewer wanted a promo link and could I hook him up with it. Some "metalasylum70@gmail.com" email.

I send the link. Then a few minutes later on saw a message out our "official page" with that email from him. I pulled all the promotional links and have had to re-distribute the whole lot because of this.

If he was genuinely a reviewer he has to the most unprofessional one I have ever come across. Messages like "can I get my link" followed by messages such as "?????????"

Beware

Reactions: Prog_Muse and Kez