What are the power metal classics?

Have you not read the first post? WTF?

Power metal classics but also post-1993. Too much of a caveat for me to comment. Why post-93? Too arbitrary.

Sure there are a ton of post-93 power metal songs that are good.

But also there are a ton of pre-93 power metal songs that are "classics" too. I'm missing something.

Power metal classics but also post-1993. Too much of a caveat for me to comment. Why post-93? Too arbitrary.

Not really. I was trying to avoid pre-93 because people tend to overweight the quality of songs during the time when metal was commercially popular.

Sure there are a ton of post-93 power metal songs that are good.

But also there are a ton of pre-93 power metal songs that are "classics" too. I'm missing something.

I don't disagree with you. Classics should include pre 93 era. However, the idea of the thread was post 93, so go along with it. Again, I don't disagree with you.

And yes, there are tons of pre 93 classics. As there are tons of post 93 classics.

Well since so far, no one has mentioned post-93 Helloween I will.

"Survivor"
"Where the Rain Grows"
"Power"
"If I Could Fly"
"Salvation" (This one may not actually be a classic, but fuck do I love this song)

I can't really judge anything Legacy and beyond because there just hasn't been enough time in my opinion to judge any of those tracks to be classics.

I was grumpy yesterday. What a bitch.

Post-93 classics would have to include many many Hammerfall songs from their first two albums, as they pretty much rejuvenated the genre:

When the Dragon Lies Bleeding
Hammerfall
Heeding the Call
Let the Hammer Fall

etc.

I'd go for a Lost Horizon track ('Cry of a Restless Soul' comes to mind).

Do you mean if I were to use your system? Because there's a plug-in for it with Last.fm.

Yeah, I just meant for my home-brew system. I mostly just wanted to point out that I will someday have an Android plugin, just in case that would sweeten the deal for you. The existence of a last.fm plugin for Squeezebox means that it's certainly possible to make a plugin for my system as well, but since I don't own a Squeezebox, my motivation to create one would obviously be substantially lower than my already-low motivation to finish my Android plugin!

Neil

Someone mentioned LAST.FM in this thread. While I don't scrobble myself, I do have Overlorde and my solo material up there. It's really cool to see, almost in real time, who is listening to our music. And its a great way to get Overlorde exposed to other Power metal fans.

Yeah, I just meant for my home-brew system. I mostly just wanted to point out that I will someday have an Android plugin, just in case that would sweeten the deal for you.
I like my data, and would love better tools to play with it a bit. However, right now, I'm cool with what Last.fm can offer. None the less, thanks for the offer.

Someone mentioned LAST.FM in this thread. While I don't scrobble myself, I do have Overlorde and my solo material up there. It's really cool to see, almost in real time, who is listening to our music. And its a great way to get Overlorde exposed to other Power metal fans.
I have to imagine, from an artist perspective, this must be very cool.