2 new awesome bands for POWER METAL fans.

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
Ok if your one of those prog snobs please just avoid this thread.

Now, for the rest of you, into Power Metal, if you havent checked out the following 2 bands I HIGHLY suggest you do.

1)Platitude (www.platitude.net)
2)Galloglass (www.galloglass.de)

Unfortunately the clips on both these bands sites do not do these CD's justice! I just got both in the mail , and holy shit, this is some must hear music!

It is the Power Metal I am really into, meaning the songs take alot of different chorses, or there are some amazingly catchy very melodic songs going on here.

Galloglass song "Legends From Now And Nevermore" also the name of the CD is so damn catchy you'll be singing along and tappin your foot after 2 listens!

Again fans of Power Metal, check these out especially if into bands like Angra and Edguy!

Yeah Gallowglass does nothing for me. I need to check out the Platitude still!!

Bear

NP: Exibition - The Sign of Tomorrow<----good music, not liking the vox

alexofbodom said:
Platitude is ok. They sometimes remind me of Majestic.

Galloglass is epic power metal. The music is ok, but the vocals are horrible.

Wow I think they RULE. Track 6 he sounds just like MIDNIGHT from Crimson Glory. Its not all Epic Power Metal either. Tracks 4-7 are more traditional Power metal sounding. Track 5 kicks all kinds of ass IMO.

For a Platitude mp3 here ya go

http://www.pagansmind.net/Platitude_Evil_Sky.mp3

Well I haven't heard Gallaglass but Platitude is kicking my butt! Sounds like a cross between Sonata Arctica and Sym X at times but without being a rip off or unoriginal. Hey, any band that has 2 keyboardists has to rule right? hehe

Drummer, question:
I only have the MP3s right now, what's the lyric in the first tune where it says "I don't believe in Jesus Christ..." Could you tell me the couple lines that precede that and are after that please?

MetalAges said:
Drummer, question:
I only have the MP3s right now, what's the lyric in the first tune where it says "I don't believe in Jesus Christ..." Could you tell me the couple lines that precede that and are after that please?

DECEPTION - (name of song)

"I have seen the blackened sky
A place where immortal people seem to die
I dont believe in Jesus Christ, but Lord Im seeking Paradise.
I hesitate....."

BRIDGE

"You're chasing shadows from the past
Why are you loking back?
Deceptive ways are hard to lead
Loosing Track?"

There ya go dude! :)

Galoglass is growing on me. Not so bad now, the vocals are growing on me as well, not to into the folky violin playing though.

I really liked the Platitude!!Thats soome cool stuff!!!

Bear

Bear said:
Galoglass is growing on me. Not so bad now, the vocals are growing on me as well, not to into the folky violin playing though.

I really liked the Platitude!!Thats soome cool stuff!!!

Bear

The violin grew on me once I learned that hes basically doing the chorus sections. The singer wicked grew on me after 3 listens as well.

Right now Platitude is a JApanese release only, In April it hits Europe as well. I bought the Jap for the bonus track. :)

Galloglass is just OK. I'm not that into the vocals either, though I don't think they're laughably bad. I do like the folky violin (big Skyclad and Mago de Oz fan), but there's not that much of it in the mp3s.

I love the stuff from Platitude though. I'll definitely be looking for that album. Midrange power metal makes me happy.