What songs do you want Pain Of Salvation to play?

pAran0id anDr0id

New Metal Member
May 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm a huge Pain of Salvation fan, and I think it is awesome that we get to pick the songs we want to hear! These are my picks, but I'd be happy with anything really...

!(Foreword)
Winning A War
Handful of Nothing
Water
Used
Idioglossia
King of Loss
The Perfect Element
A Trace of Blood
Beyond The Pale

And of course stuff from the album that is coming out, "BE" if they would do some.

To be honest I am just stoked to see them!!! I can't wait, they can fucken play children's fairy tales and they would sound fucken awesome! :) My set list if I had to pick one:

Of Two Beginnings
Fandango
People Passing By
! (Foreword)
Oblivian Ocean
Revival
Spirit Of The Land
Inside
Ashes
Morning On Earth
Undertow
Beyond The Pale
Falling
The Perfect Element Maybe I picked too many :)

This Heart of Mine
Used
Ashes
Second Love
Idioglossia
Ending Theme
Fandango
Leaving Entropia
Oblivion Ocean
! (Foreword)
Of Two Beginnings

Any of their songs will be great to hear...but would someone please tell Daniel G. to just shut up and play...at PPIII, his rants & self hype grated on my nerves...I almost screamed out "shut the f_ _ _ up and play already!"

Ascension said:
Any of their songs will be great to hear...but would someone please tell Daniel G. to just shut up and play...at PPIII, his rants & self hype grated on my nerves...I almost screamed out "shut the f_ _ _ up and play already!"
oh man..i completely agree. just play the damn music!

I am ashamed to admit I missed PoS even though I attended PPIII. I had only heard one clip of them before the festival, and didn't care for it (don't even remember what it is now). By the time their set came around that Friday, we'd had a very long day and were extremely tired, so we left after BG's set. Lame, I know, but that's what happened.

Of course a month or two later I got to hear a bit more of their music, and to be honest I still didn't think much of it. But with a bit of persistence their music started growing on me, to the point where I have all their albums and they're one of my favorite Prog bands. So I can't wait to see them, especially since when Glen announced only one PPIII band was coming back and I assumed it would be Edguy. Needless to say I was absolutely thrilled when I woke up this morning and saw the lineup, here's my list of songs I'd love to hear:

Spirit of the Land
Inside
Handful of Nothing
Home
Pilgrim
Inside Out
Of Two Beginnings
Ending Theme
A Trace of Blood
Undertow
Used
Ashes
Idioglossia
Falling
The Perfect Element
Forward

OK, so maybe they can't play all of that in 90 mins, but I don't think I could narrow the list down anymore. I just can't wait to see these guys live.

I'd like to hear them do an entire set of Motorhead covers.......

Not a fan of PoS. They have my respect as musicians, but their output does NOTHING for me, although OHBtCL is listenable to these ears......
:loco:

J-Dubya

JayDubya said:
I'd like to hear them do an entire set of Motorhead covers.......

Not a fan of PoS. They have my respect as musicians, but their output does NOTHING for me, although OHBtCL is listenable to these ears......
:loco:

J-Dubya

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Motorhead covers...I love it!

Seriously, though...am I the only one that likes Chain Sling? I anxiously waited for them to bust that one out at PPIII, just cuz I'd like to see it performed live...what a great, addicting song.

I'm sure there will be some kind of poll set up in the coming months, and that song will be at the top of my list. Along with Ace Of Spades...hehe...

Rock on!

I love Chain Sling, but I figure since the main theme of it pops up in Beyond the Pale, I could do without the rest. Same with leaving Ashes out in favor of Idioglossia.

! (Forward)
People Passing By
Revival
Circles/Nightmist
New Year's Eve
Handful of Nothing
Water
Home
In The Flesh
Morning on Earth
Her Voices
Dedication
Reconciliation
The Perfect Element
Fandango
Undertow
Chain Sling
Dryad of the Woods
Waking Every God
Beyond the Pale

I might have heard one or two songs by Pain of Salvation over the years, but I have just now finally listened to "The Perect Elelment I" for the first time. Wow - great stuff. I love Daniel Gildenlow's vocals. I can't believe that I didn't check them out sooner - I'll have to get their other albums.

But I will have to go along with people requesting "The Perfect Element." I am sure I will have a list once I hear the rest of their stuff. It will just be amazing to see them pull this stuff off live.

Pilgrim!!
...and everything from RL except "Waking Every God".
...and "!(foreward)" from Entropia
...and "Used" from TPE (shamefully, my memory of that album is too foggy to suggest another, but there are more!)

-matt
np: Angra - Deep Blue

The more I think, the more I'm tempted to pick out the gems, rather than just my favorite songs. Things like:

Plains of Dawn
Pilgrim
Water
Home
King of Loss
Morning on Earth
In The Flesh
Ending Theme
Chain Sling

Songs that may not normally be played live, I think.