What's your personal ProgPower Soundtrack?

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
What's the one CD that puts you in the ProgPower Festival mood? What's that one CD that gets your blood pumpin' for some killer live shows? What's that one CD that's just essential listening for your ProgPower weekend? In other words, what's your personal ProgPower Soundtrack?

Wastefall - Self Exile... err wait...

Actually what I listened to on Sunday/Monday -- Gamma Ray 'Blast from the Past.'

Right now my playlist consists of Evergrey, Mercenary, Freak Kitchen, Savage Circus, Pyramaze, Jorn, Thunderstone, Vision Divine, CIIC, and Circus Maximus all on random play. I don't own anything by Leatherwolf, Theocracy, Zero Hour or Epica which is the reason they aren't in there.

I have to say that I get the most pumped when I hear one of the tracks off of "A Night To Remember" because a) it's live, so of course it has that "I'm at the concert right now" feel and b) because I've been waiting for 3 years to see them in concert!

Lately it's been Avian, Lanfear, Adagio, Pyramaze, Cloudscape, and live Therion! :kickass:

cob.jpg

I have to say that Edguy's Hellfire Club puts me in the ProgPower mood the most, probably because they were the headliner at my first ProgPower. Having said that, Evergrey's A Night To Remember 2 disc set is serving it up nicely for this year!

I've also ripped Savatage's entire discography into MP3 format for my drive from East Tennessee to Hotlanta! \nn/

*takes a deep breath*

Angel Dust - Enlighten the Darkness
Anthrax - Spreading the Disease
Blind Guardian - Nightfall in Middlle Earth
Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper
Circus Maximus - The 1st Chapter
Cradle of Filth - Damnation and a Day
Dark Sanctuary - Thoughts
Deep Purple - Burn
Demons & Wizards (ST)
Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage
Dream Theater - Awake
Edguy - Hellfire Club
Forbidden - Twisted Into Form
Forte - Division
Gamma Ray - Land of the Free
Iced Earth - Horror Show
In Flames - The Jester Race / Black Ash Inheritance
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Jag Panzer - Mechanized Warfare
Kamelot - The Black Halo
Liquid Tension Experiment 2
Lost Horizon - A Flame to the Ground Beneath
Manowar - The Triumph of Steel
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Mercenary - The Hours that Remain
Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World
Nevermore - Enemies of Reality
Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse
Orphaned Land - Mabool
Rabin, Trevor - Live in L.A.
Racer X - Technical Difficulties
Rush - 2112
Savatage - Edge of Thorns
Strapping Young Lad - The New Black
Stratovarius - Infinite
Vai, Steve - Passion and Warfare
Whitesnake - The Back to Black Collection
X Japan - Jealousy
Yes - Talk

*passes out*
*spits up*

*wakes up*

There. I'm actually taking these with me for the 4 days of Atlanta I'm about to have. I figured I should take a mix of classics, prog, power, death, whatever. It's just stuff I like or have liked for years.

The third (S/T) one from Winterlong, or any Thy Majestie

edgeofthorns said:
What's the one CD that puts you in the ProgPower Festival mood? What's that one CD that gets your blood pumpin' for some killer live shows? What's that one CD that's just essential listening for your ProgPower weekend? In other words, what's your personal ProgPower Soundtrack?