Where are the Andre Matos fans??

I've wanted to see the man sing for over 12 years, and finally this September I'll have that chance thankfully. I imagine I'm not the only one whose been hoping for the same for quite some time.

11 years here; you're definitely not the only one!

This will be the first time that I see him perform live. I loved the stuff that he did with Angra and his solo album is kick ass. I have been working on getting the Shaman that he is on and from what I have heard, that stuff is the shit as well. Should be a kick ass headliner!!!

*raises hand*

I love the entire Holy Land album!

I'm psyched for his performance, just on the strength of Holy Land alone. :worship:

I think he has one of the most unique voices in metal, and he's a terrific songwriter to boot. He's one of the main reasons why I'm psyched to go to the fest this year.

Andre is just about the only high-pitched/falsetto singer I can stand for longer than 5 minutes...maybe because he never sounded forced or 'thin' in that register to me. (I.e., maybe I'm saying he's not singing in falsetto? Dunno... :) )

Matos has released four great albums as a part of four different bands, all quite different from each other:

Viper - Theatre of Fate
Angra - Holy Land
Virgo - s/t
Shaman - Reason

I can't think of anyone else who has had so much success in so many different configurations, so there must be something magic about the man.

Andre is just about the only high-pitched/falsetto singer I can stand for longer than 5 minutes...maybe because he never sounded forced or 'thin' in that register to me.

It's because he's not ashamed of his wussiness. He says "If I'm gonna sing like a girl, I'm gonna be a full-on girly-girl, and be soft and tender and lilting, not like the rest of these weirdos who try to sing like screaming angry manly-girls. Cuz who wants to listen to that unnatural combination of a girl with a penis?"

Neil

I looked up where all the songs came from, and noticed that despite the fact that he does perform some Shaman songs, they all come from the album Ritual. Wonder why there are none from the other album (Reason)? Is it just not that good? Hmm...

That because save for a few songs, that album is not as good compared to the first album. I liken it to Angra's Fireworks which wasn't received well either.

Basically they dropped all of the native sounds from those two albums and just did straight ahead Metal albums. Some fans hated it and some fans liked it. I'm in the former group.

A little update on Andre:

"Matos and band are currently in the final stages of mixing their new album. He is currently in Germany with producer Sascha Paeth, taking care of the final details of the album, which should be released in August in Japan and Europe, and subsequently in Brazil. After two long European tours this year, the band is scheduled to play a few select shows in the Americas, to finish off the Time To Be Free World Tour, including a headlining slot at ProgPower USA. Additionally, in 2009, the band plans to go back to Europe and Japan for the new album release and a few very special surprises for the fans."

A little update on Andre:

"Matos and band are currently in the final stages of mixing their new album. He is currently in Germany with producer Sascha Paeth, taking care of the final details of the album, which should be released in August in Japan and Europe, and subsequently in Brazil. After two long European tours this year, the band is scheduled to play a few select shows in the Americas, to finish off the Time To Be Free World Tour, including a headlining slot at ProgPower USA. Additionally, in 2009, the band plans to go back to Europe and Japan for the new album release and a few very special surprises for the fans."

Cool news indeed, I will look forward for the new album. Chances are that they may play a new song during PPX presentation :headbang:

Dude, Matos was it for me man. To me it's as big as Angra, Edguy, Gamma Ray, or any of the other bad ass headliners of the past. Dude, I know he's been doing a Viper material in his set. It's cool he knows what his fans want to hear. I'm glad he's not like many artists who seem ashamed of their past and if it's over five years old, peace out cos you ain't hearing em live.