Where are the Whitesnake clones?

Glenn, I have the Red Sea cd and love it. Will be happy to burn you a copy. This album sounds exactly like Badlands in my opinion, a band I still love. Don't know if you ever heard the third Badlands cd. It's not as good as the first two, but still essential if you're a fan.

By the way, the singer for Red Sea is named Robin Kyle Basouri who also sang with Joshua and more recently, Die Happy (which ironically is the Christian band Vengeance Rising sans the nutjob original singer).

Brett

Thanks for the offer bmac. However, someone already took care of me. Btw, am I the only one that loves Watchmen? Check 'em out:

http://www.watchmen.com.ar/mp3s.htm

Listen in the following order:

1. Living the Heartache
2. On the Road
3. Time is Over

WHOOHOOO!!!!!

I've got the full album ... preproduction thing actually. I made an offer to the band, never heard back - weird though, as they contacted me originally. Oh well :(

I believe Glenn's original list had "John Sykes - All Bands" on it.
I'd love to see a Blue Murder reunion/gig at Prog Power. Sykes rocks!
:headbang:

J-Dubya

Yeah, that's what is so hard about this thread, Glenn is already aware
of most of the stuff I was thinking about! Blue Murder is awesome...:headbang:

I guess there's some hatred for Sambora because of Bon Jovi :loco: Anyway, Stranger in this Town was an album I got ahold of back when I was about 16 and it's one of the few that I can go back and still enjoy. It's by no means a Whitesnake clone album, but it's very bluesy and there definitely is some Coverdale influence. I swear I want "The Answer" from that album played at my funeral...

Anyway, if anyone is interested, here's one of the better songs from the album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFh8lBNi7dU

Maybe not in a Whitesnake vibe, but a very good Bluesy Hard Rock album is John Norum-"Worlds Away". This has Kelly Keeling on vox.

You wouldn't think a Swede could play so bluesy and soulful with a strong emphasis on that sort of songwriting, but Norum pulls it off quite well.

Actually i prefer Another Destination..great cover of Sunshine of your Love on that disc.

So Coverdale, or sooooooo Jorn?! :kickass:

I say the same!

I was listening to Jorn's "The Gathering" album - and forgot I had just paused itunes and clicked to listen to the first Watchmen clip. I was working, and said to myself, "Hm, that doesn't sound like a Jorn tune I recognize, and that doesn't sound like a Jorn Viggo solo?" - checked itunes, it was paused...."oh yeah I clicked the Watchmen clip!"

Great stuff man, definitely high caliber all around. Can't wait to hear more!

Claus you needto resend the email, you never know it could have been eaten by a spam catcher or something wacky.