Which band do you think will be the returning band for the Showcase?

Pagan's Mind, Firewind and Raintime would all be awesome, but I'd give anything to see Vanden Plas get another shot at it. :cry:

Unfortunately, what ever went wrong with VP is going to keep them out of the states for about 7 years :mad:(i read this in another thread). But I would love to see Raintime or Primal Fear again next year.

I hope not PM. Though that would be an early night then (unless somebody better was closing it off). [Eh I'd probably watch them to give them another chance... but the singer would have to grow on me immensely for me to enjoy a full set by them].

I agree with Hoyt. I'd rather see Therion (too expensive for a completely one off show like this i think.. unless they had another tour), or Orphaned Land.

Pagan's Mind, given that they headline and play some more stuff from Celestial Entrance!

Two songs (and one is a fucking instrumental) from their best album will not do. Don't get me wrong, I believe they had the best performance this year, but I need some "Enter the Stargate" or "Of Epic Questions" to go with the given "Through Osiris' Eyes". Did anyone else feel that they criminally ignored this album in favor of newer stuff? Just one more song I think would have made it better.

An immediately returning band would be cool, and my vote would go to Pagan's Mind or Raintime - as they were the most impressive bands this year IMHO.

But I'd rather see a returning band from a past PPUSA - such as Orphaned Land, Wuthering Heights (singer will be here anyway! *grin*), Edguy, Kamelot, or my personal and greedy choice for a showcase headliner: THERION!!!

:kickass:

Yeah, but what I gather of the returning band showcase slot is that it's reserved for a lower slotted band that destroyed the crowd and is given another chance to do it again with some more time. Edguy & Kamelot are headliners in their own right. Therion is kind of in between but probably too expensive for the showcase and I'm hoping they'll be the Saturday night headliner. I'd love to see Orphaned Land again, though. What they really should do is get an opening slot on something like an Opeth tour. They said they toned down their set for the PP crowd so I'd love to see them in front of a crowd that has much more of an appreciation for grunting and/or death metal.

If Firewind is the returning band I hope Apollo is with them this time so I can meet him.

but as I've already said...Raintime. Thats my personal guess. If they aren't the returning band then I'll continue to say their name until they play ProgPower again. :lol:

I would definately love to see Freak Kitchen again. I could see them every year. I also throw a big thumbs up vote for Raintime. I would love to see a longer set by those guys.

Pagan's Mind!! Well all the bands were great i thought..And from last year Circus Maximus i think would be a good choice, Raintime were good also, Firewind..Well thats my 2 cents.:headbang:

So far we've had three returning bands to the showcase, two three slot bands and a one slot band (opener).

In the end, I think it depends what slot Shane is looking to fill. After all, he still needs to sell tickets. To that end, I wouldn't look to Raintime as a headliner, but Pagan's Mind or Redemption could easily fill that role.

Zod

Did anyone else feel that they criminally ignored this album in favor of newer stuff? Just one more song I think would have made it better.

I think they criminally ignored their debut, Infinity Divine.

Since there wasn't ONE song from there played, unless I'm mistaken.

As for returning band, Pagan's Mind headlining the Showcase would be REALLY cool.

If not, then, Raintime should return, and our Showcase headliner should be Morgana Lefay.

Since we are talking returning bands I'd go with Threshold as the headliner. I want to hear these guys get 2 hours to do their show. They've got so many awesome tunes that can't be fit into their small setlist. This band needs to headline. Hopefully Damian would still be around to front the band.

Britt

Since we are talking returning bands I'd go with Threshold as the headliner. I want to hear these guys get 2 hours to do their show. They've got so many awesome tunes that can't be fit into their small setlist. This band needs to headline. Hopefully Damian would still be around to front the band.

Britt

+2