which band is going to knock our socks off!!

While I'm more of a power metal fan, I hear Pain of Salvation does quite the live show, so I'm thinking they will blow me away. If not, then maybe Angra, because it would be nice to end the concert with a huge bang.

Originally posted by chibitotoro
While I'm more of a power metal fan, I hear Pain of Salvation does quite the live show, so I'm thinking they will blow me away.

PoS immediately after Blind Guardian? That's a tough act to follow.

I'll say that Edguy will be the most fun to watch, and Gamma Ray will just blow the crowd away - especially during songs like Land of the Free and Somewhere out in Space.

Originally posted by chibitotoro
While I'm more of a power metal fan, I hear Pain of Salvation does quite the live show, so I'm thinking they will blow me away. If not, then maybe Angra, because it would be nice to end the concert with a huge bang.

Yes, Pain of Salvation too.

I'm tellin' you guys, you're gonna be knocked out by Silent Force!! I'm warning you!!!! After this show, if they perform as well as they did in Pittsburgh, everyone will have a new respect for Alex Beyrodt.

Originally posted by woosta
I'm tellin' you guys, you're gonna be knocked out by Silent Force!! I'm warning you!!!! After this show, if they perform as well as they did in Pittsburgh, everyone will have a new respect for Alex Beyrodt.

I actually just finished listenening to their "Infatuator" album. I got to meet DC Cooper at the Dream Theater show in Pittsburgh back in September. Good band.

I think Zero Hour is going to be impressive, but as far as just getting out there and ripping it right up, my money is on Devin Townshend (assuming his set has even half the energy of an SYL show) or Gamma Ray...

Ryan

Originally posted by Se7enChurches
I think Zero Hour is going to be impressive, but as far as just getting out there and ripping it right up, my money is on Devin Townsend (

Good choice. I'm sure Devin will put on an excellent performance.

First off, I thought it was Angel Dust who stole last year’s show (not that Evergrey, SX, Kamelot and Ark weren't all awesome). Although I would have listed Angel Dust as my 5th favorite band among the 10 that performed at PP 2.0, they came through Earth Link Live like a freight train, and left the place a smoldering wreck.

I agree with the poster who said that Zero Hour will be impressive, but may be a tad on the dull side, from a pure performance stand point. I just don't think their music lends itself to "rocking the house". Obviously, this is just a guess, as I've never seen them live. I think Silent Force's catalogue is simply too weak to tare down the house, but I hope I'm wrong. I think Devin will be the act that sends everyone back to the booths to buy his CDs. I think his material and energy will come across well live. However, I believe it will be Edguy that will be this year's Angel Dust. They have a fist-pumping catalogue, and when combined with Tobias' awesome pipes, I think it will make for a deadly combination. Mind you, Edguy wouldn’t even crack a list of my current 10 favorite bands, but I feel that their music lends itself to getting PP 3.0 nuts.

GZ

Pain of Salvation and Blind Guardian combo will be the highpoint of the whole concert for me...

But if Tenacious D was there, they'd definetaly knock your socks off and give you a nice pair of cream jeans...

I personnaly think Angra will be the highlight of the fest! Zero Hour is always awesome live, they will indeed kick some ass. I am hoping from a great show from Threshold as well.

I have seen PoS and have no doubt that they will be one of the top acts of the weekend, there was some incredibly touching moments from when they played in Lansing last year, it was almost hypnotic, awesome live band, can't wait to see them on a big stage!!!

everyone else is just the toppings on the cake!

Bear

Originally posted by Bear
I am hoping from a great show from Threshold as well.

Threshold will probably go down well for both the power and prog fans equally so they may well go down a treat. I hear they were great at Bloodstock too.

I'm sure all the bands will kick ass, although I think that Blind Guardian will dominate night one and the second night will be a close battle between Gamma Ray and Angra.
Less than a month until ProgPower 3.0....I can't wait:)!

Originally posted by alexofbodom
the second night will be a close battle between Gamma Ray and Angra.

oh man...between those two, I gotta say that Gamma Ray will rule us. I mean, Angra just don't have a Rebellion in Dreamland, Abyss of the Void, Razorblade Sigh...etc in their set lists.

ILLUMINATI.....YOU"VE COME TO TAKE CONTROL....!!!

This is soooo exciting!!

:headbang: