While I was Away

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
While I was Away...
I got into more country music, man there's some great stuff out there.
I also dusted off Skynyrd, Hendrix & classic KISS.
I scored tickets for the Kind Diamond gig In Portland in May.
I even scored Press/Photo Pass that will enable me to shoot pics for the first three songs of their set.... Wow!
I'm thinking of going to see Motorhead, this is basically a done deal, I'm trying to get on the guest list for this & hopefully get a chance to meet the legend... Lemmy.
Motley Crue tickets go on sale, for the gig in Ridgefield, WA on 7.31.05.
This is called Portland, OR, but it is in fact, Washington State! I was thinking I was gonna have to fly to Idaho to see 'em, I guess not.
I'll be headed out to California for a week so if you guys are aware of any gigs out there let me know. I will be around the San Diego area for a day, fuckin' LEGO LAND... That's in April.
Next month I will be headed to D.C., hope they have some cool shops around the area that I will be at...
Anyway, the music....
Stuff that I have been listening to...
The Hellacopters-Grande Rock, Cream of the Crap II(their covers of Dirty Women & All American Man slay!)
Turbo Negro-Apocalypse Dudes
Hank III
Down-NOLA
Ministry-Greatest Fits
Skynyrd-Best of...
Speedealer-Second Sight(this is a great record, sounds like Metallica during the Kill "em All era... Produced by old DOGFACE himself Jason Newsted!)
Megadeth-The System Has Failed, Rust in Peace, Peace Sells...
Alice Cooper-Raise Your Fist & Yell(probably one of the worst album covers ever, a great dark Cooper record! I bought this thing at of all places Wal Mart for $5.98!!!:tickled: )

Also Looking forward to the Priest disc this Tuesday & also the expanded version of the Nymphetamine! It's got a track with the mighty King Diamond!

sixxswine said:
I'm thinking of going to see Motorhead, this is basically a done deal, I'm trying to get on the guest list for this & hopefully get a chance to meet the legend... Lemmy.

Skip the rest :D

sixxswine said:
While I was Away...

Anyway, the music....

Hank III

I'm not much into country like Ted, but I have wanted to hear Hank III because some buddies at work say he has an insurgent country style similar to Son Volt. Does he sound like country mixed with punk ? Have you ever heard Son Volt or Uncle Tupelo ?

Bryant