Who do you expect to become new fans of?

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
So, every time I go, Progpower makes me a fan of a band I didn't know of before. This year, I'm thinking St. Daemon will win me over in that particular catagory. While I have checked them out, they didn't blow me away. I think they have the live potential to do so though.

So what band, that you either not know enough about or are on the fence regarding, do you expect to walk away from and think "wow. I was not expecting THAT." this year?

Amorphis

I like what little I've sampled. I'm anxious to see what they bring to the stage.

I also want to hear more from Iron Savior. I think they have the potential to win me over enough to buy a few cds.

I'm really on the fence with Andromeda and Riverside. Nothing I've heard from either band thrills me. So we'll see if they impress me at the show.

Don't know so much about myself, but expect almost EVERYONE to become fans of Mustasch after this years show. I've seen the band several (4 I think) times and they are simply mindblowing on stage. Pure, raw metal power, and no one ever leaves one of their shows without a smile on their face.

You are in for a treat my friends.

So, every time I go, Progpower makes me a fan of a band I didn't know of before.

I have NOOOO idea...which is the beauty of ProgPower. :)

Last year, it was After Forever -- and the year before it was Vision Divine.

It was going to be Volbeat no question, but......I think it will be Mustasch for me. Before Freak Kitchen played their first ProgPower, I had become a decent enough fan; and then when I saw them, it solidified my fanboyism for life. Not that I expect to become a full-fledged Mustasch fanboy, but I can sense the same kind of quirkyness from them and I can't wait to see them. Out of the bands that I know nothing about (Mustasch, SUE, St. Daemon, Rob Rock), they are the one I actually am looking forward to seeing their set.

I hope to become a fan of all the bands, but that's never the case. Last year, Threshold did it for me...I finally "got" them when I saw them live and enjoyed them immensely.

I'm going to say .... Riverside. I dunno but for some reason I have never bought into that band. Perhaps a live performance will do the trick for me.

Britt
Worked for me. They were great tonight.

Have to confess, I haven't listened to any Mustache yet. On the "To-Do" list. I think Andromeda is going to be one of those bands I can't leave 'til their set is over. Expect there'll be more.

My guess is Saint Deamon and Andromeda for me. Though I'm really psyched to see Pathosray!

I also echo that Volbeat would have been a band that would have put on such a show that I'd become a big fan of theirs. Oh well.... :cry:

Edit: Forgot Mustasch. Looking forward to seeing them live too. Saw the video that someone posted a while back of them - looks promising.

There's only three bands I'm a fan of heading in; Iced Earth, Riverside and Amorphis. Beyond those three, I'd say four other bands have a shot at making me a fan; Spheric Universe Experience, Mustasch, Saint Deamon and Pathosray. Hopefully at least one of these bands will blow my doors off.

Zod

Believe me, the pleasure is all mine. Anything I can do to help bring people to their music is a +, and I couldn't have asked to ever sponsor a better group of people.

Right on, Nailz! Now read this! I recently picked up a copy of WINTER'S WAKE by Elvenking-an album that many E-King fans have hailed as their fave by the band so far. Can't wait to hear those songs played live!:headbang::kickass: