Who would you like to see in the future?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
What bands do you think would make a memorable performance at future powerfests?

Here are some bands I would like to see (all of whom have never seen US shores):
Dionysus
Metalium
Dragonland
Power Quest

I would second the "Digger" recommendation.
I love Jag Panzer as much as the next guy, but they have appeared already at most US festivals (IE - Prog Power, BWBK, Milwaukee Metalfest, etc.)

also Solitude Aeturnus, Anacrusis reunion, and/or Dofka.

I love Jag Panzer as much as the next guy, but they have appeared already at most US festivals (IE - Prog Power, BWBK, Milwaukee Metalfest, etc.)

... not to mention Powermad. But I don't care... I'm all about seeing them play any fest I'm attending.

Tankard
Helstar
Mekong Delta (They are back & writing material)
Watchtower
Absu
Anubis Gate
Sun Caged
Heathen
Division (Need drinking partners....lol)
Enertia (Think I missed all or most of their show @ PP5)
Rawhead Rexx
Squealer (Assuming they still exist)

My wish list would be...

Balance of Power
Pyramaze
Edguy
Zero Hour
Beyond Twilight
Into Eternity
Aghora(if they are still a band)
Brainstorm
Magnitude 9(not sure if these guys are still around or not, Corey is in Balance of Power now)

and of course, Big and Rich!

Aghora(if they are still a band)

they are (in fact, I think they recently opened for Sonata Arctica)... but they're not even remotely the same lineup that they were on their s/t.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that we're unlikely to see most of those bands (from the last two replies) at Powerfest... this show tends to be directed more toward the heavy/thrashy/gritty metal rather than the euro happy-metal genre. Even Nocturnal Rites, nowadays, tends to play music that is quite a bit darker than the standard euro stuff.

Wuthering Heights did, indeed, kick tons of ass at ProgPower. I'd love to see them play again.

Diabolik said:
I would love to see any of these bands....'

Freedom Call
Elvenking
Wuthering Heights
Space Odessey
Highland Glory
Power Quest
Supreme Majesty

That's 2 votes for POWER QUEST!
Those guys are on Ultimate Metal. I have told them about the fest before and they thought it was cool.
No plans for them to come to the US yet though.