Who's ready for some Arch Angels in Black?...

Michael TEOF

Master Whorebot
Mar 4, 2002
Schaumburg, IL
www.myspace.com
I've been listening to my Adagio mix lately... and I have to say, they along with Andromeda, Wuthering Heights, and Symphony X are among the elite bands carrying the Prog Metal torch these days. Damn, they're good!

The first Adagio album has great music and poor vocal melodies (not vocals). The second Adagio has some of the greatest music ever recorded yet (again) poor vocal melodies. The third Adagio album has a great mix of melodic singing and black shrieks but I felt the orchestration and complexity suffered a bit. This Adagio albums... sounds juuuuuuuuuust right :) I just can't wait for this bad boy to come out!

"Adagio has just finished the preproduction of their 4th album "Archangels In Black". The demo features four songs. The overall vibe is very dark and massive, the band came back to a more orchestral style of composition but kept the heavyness of songs like "Dominate" or "Children Of the Dead Lake" from the previous album released in 2005 in Japan (check out those songs at the Adagio myspace page.
The name of the four songs are :"Archangels In Black", "Undead", "The Fear Circus" and "Twilight At Dawn". About the album Stephan Forté says:" This album is a sort of tribute to dark arts, including horror movies and gothic litterature, it's our own musical representation of what Darkness is. I think the song "Archangels In Black" would be a cool hymn for all those of us who enjoy sinister arts "
Adagio will enter in studio in December. "

The Michael