!!! ADAGIO's NEW ALBUM!!!!

Oct 2, 2004
"Archangels In Black" is the name of the upcoming Adagio album. Most of the songs are written. The album will feature 9 songs + 1 for Japan.As previously announced by the band, the compositions are the ultimate balance between melodic and extreme metal and can be considered as a more brutal vision of "Underworld"
Recording sessions will start beggining of October.

cant wait for this shit ,Stephan is a fuckin guitar god man!

well I think DOMINATE was fucking fucking awesome...very heavy shit, good solos, and some good melodies.
Underworld was more technical though. I would prefer Dominate just because it's really heavy and very wel produced

can't wait for the new album, really good news

urinalcakemix said:
Yea, but it sucked, so they want to forget the album ever happened, and rip off Underworld so they can have fans again.

wow... I couldn't agree less. Their first two albums were derivative, Symphony X-wannabe crap, and Dominate was a monster. I'm hoping for more in that vein.

Cardinal Sin said:
well I think DOMINATE was fucking fucking awesome...very heavy shit, good solos, and some good melodies.
Underworld was more technical though. I would prefer Dominate just because it's really heavy and very wel produced

can't wait for the new album, really good news

urinalcakemix said:
Yea, but it sucked, so they want to forget the album ever happened, and rip off Underworld so they can have fans again.

I wonder how true this is sentiment is among most fans. One of the reasons I like Adagio so much is because of their variety. All three of their albums are so different. One of the strengths of Dominate, however, is the vocal melodies, which actually have some punch instead of being some melody with words to support the instrumentation. That said, I can understand how some would not like Dominate as much as Underworld, as its not nearly as epic sounding. If the band were to mix the melodies and agressiveness of Dominate with the epic orchestration of Underworld, I'd think they'd have a winner for the ages.

The Michael

booB said:
wow... I couldn't agree less. Their first two albums were derivative, Symphony X-wannabe crap, and Dominate was a monster. I'm hoping for more in that vein.
At least they were smart in ripping off from the best. Dominate, I wasn't feeling it at all, just didn't cut it for me, I thought it was very weak.

Hmm, I wonder if I could say the exact same thing slightly reworded three MORE times.... hmmm...

control-denied777 said:
"As previously announced by the band, the compositions are the ultimate balance between melodic and extreme metal...
Extreme Metal?

So we should expect this will be a 50% Symphony X and 50% Blood Red Throne? Wow! That's quite a change in direction. I guess the next CD will sound like Necrophagist.

Zod

Dominate was pretty good. Not their best album, but it was good
Can't wait until I can hear the new one! :D

General Zod said:
Extreme Metal?

So we should expect this will be a 50% Symphony X and 50% Blood Red Throne? Wow! That's quite a change in direction. I guess the next CD will sound like Necrophagist.

Zod

I suppose it isn't toooooo far-fetched; at ProgPower, Stephan Forte told us his favorite French band -- aside from Adagio, presumably -- was Anorexia Nervosa. :heh:

I confess I'm curious to know how he feels about Yyrkoon.

booB said:
sir,if u think underworld was a "Symphony X-wannabe crap " then u r a fuckin moron!