Wildernessking?

I'm really only familiar with Below the Lights and that which followed. Whether they also incorporate influences from albums before BTL, I couldn't say. Regardless, it's high quality stuff.

Vikingligr Veldi is miles and miles beyond everything else they ever did, so not giving that one a million good spins is a definite miss tbh

that's my contributiuon here, carry on now

Vikingligr Veldi is miles and miles beyond everything else they ever did, so not giving that one a million good spins is a definite miss tbh

that's my contributiuon here, carry on now

over the years, i have come to believe the same thing. Frost, Eld, and a few of the later albums have some incredible moments, but a lot of it just seems boring to me these days. But... VV... now that is one of the finest atmospheric metal albums of all time.

1. Frost (forever and ever and ever and probably ever)
2. Monumension
3. Vikignlgligli Veldi
4. Eld
5. probably dead-heat between Blodhemn, Below the Lights, Mardraum and Axioma Epica Houdini

the other albums are barely significant to me.

The mid period with mardraum and monumension are where its at for me. They didnt hit those lofty heights again until axioma ethica domino. I do enjoy ruun, isa, and btl.

Vv is easily the best of the early stuff. Blodhemn and frost are fairly boring. Eld is ok.

1. Frost (forever and ever and ever and probably ever) 2. Monumension 3. Vikignlgligli Veldi 4. Eld 5. probably dead-heat between Blodhemn, Below the Lights, Mardraum and Axioma Epica Houdini the other albums are barely significant to me.

Pretty close to my top list (except Vikinglgr Veldi is my #1)

I should really listen more to ruun, vertebrae, RIITIIR again to actually decide if I like them or not.

Vertebrae and rittir didnt do much for me.

Sleeping gods is cool, if only for a more experimental look

Their constant evolution in sound is what has allowed them to remain relevant, whatever that is. Although I stopped enjoying them after Isa, I can appreciate what they've accomplished.

Good Enslaved thread Zod!

:lol: indeed.

Every single god damn Enslaved album rules.

Okay, I will listen to this. Now, I am listening.