Worst album cover ever?

The worst album cover ever has got to be the one SCORPIONS used for "Virgin Killer" (well, at least until it got banned, and they had to put something else on the cover). I'm not even going to post it, it's that "wrong". Feel free to google it yourself if you feel that you have to see it.

WOW.......I can't recall if I ever knew this about that album but if I did, I blocked it. How would that at any time be considered okay?

Both covers for Fates Warnings album Night On Broken are pretty bad...............the original is just poorly drawn and the second one with just the moon is well,,,just a moon.

I like me some early Raven but what was this...........

Raven-ThePackIsBack-Front.jpg

Wow. Just wow.

It's not the worst of all time, but it's stunningly bad for a band that is known for album cover awesomeness. What in the heck happened here?

dance_of_death350.jpg

I don't think the cover itself is bad at all. The problem with it is how they did it, i.e. using computer graphics instead of an actual drawing unlike all the rest of the Maiden covers.

Oh yeah, how could I forget? He's my favorite musician, but for the life of me I don't understand this cover or why he chose the theme of the title track for that matter.

3427487.jpg

I don't think the cover itself is bad at all. The problem with it is how they did it, i.e. using computer graphics instead of an actual drawing unlike all the rest of the Maiden covers.
It's got some silly and random images in there that don't really make any sense. There's a creepy dancing baby seemingly levitating in mid air. There's a wolf that seems out of place, and also a midget in hot pants. It's just a mess.

Britt

Both covers for Fates Warnings album Night On Broken are pretty bad...............the original is just poorly drawn and the second one with just the moon is well,,,just a moon.

I like me some early Raven but what was this...........

Don't go messin with the Raven boys - they might be old but they will still kick your ars!

Maiden's Dance of Death cover is partially so bad because the guy who was doing the artwork for it as much as admitted that it wasn't finished. It looks like CGI that would have been considered good...in 1994.

However, edits do exist and for my own library I use this:
ironmaiden-dence-of-death.jpg

See, that's actually not bad.

Maiden's Dance of Death cover is partially so bad because the guy who was doing the artwork for it as much as admitted that it wasn't finished. It looks like CGI that would have been considered good...in 1994.

now THAT is what is should have been all along! Simple, and to the point.Thanks for posting that; I'm changing the album cover to this in my own library right now!

I think that CGI might have even been considered poor in 1994 though... :D the whole album cover just looks... well, amature, compared to eveything else this band has used in the past. What was Harris thinking!?

On a personal note, this is one my least favorite albums from Maiden. Note to 'arry - singing the same line over and over and over and over is NOT considered a "catchy" chorus, you lazy wanker! (i.e. No More Lies)

The difference is night and day as far as the art allowing the eye to pinpoint things. The original forces the eye right to the hand - the first thing you see is an evil hand being offered to you. THAT IS METAL!
The, I guess, other version points the eye directly down to the album title, which negates the whole purpose of the evil hand being offered. THAT IS LAME!
Was it the band or the label's decision to change covers?

I love Malmsteen he is the reason I play guitar, but this album cover has always been kind of bad to me. The album is good though.

Last edited by a moderator: