Your opinion on these...

Sounds great other than the boom. I would take a general cut around 60-80Hz, or at least play a little around there (messing with the EQ I mean) on the entire mix. Not so much on any specific instrument or anything, since everything else sounds great, I think it's everything's boominess combined. Other than that I would be proud to have that as an example of something I have done, :D. Also it's not as loud as I think it should be. I don't know if it's MySpace or what, I had everything turned up all the way and it was still pretty quiet. Try throwing a limiter with the out at like 0.03dB. Mhmm.

~006

Hehe, thank you anyways though. Yeah, we usually set the EQ to a high frequency, I can't exactly remember what. And yeah, myspace sound quality sucks balls. The recording is actually pretty loud.

i wish i could hear it without the mp3 compression, but def bring down that kick drum or bring down the bass on it around 60-120 i can tell its distorting your stereo buss. start there and see if that helps.

axeman720 said:
i wish i could hear it without the mp3 compression, but def bring down that kick drum or bring down the bass on it around 60-120 i can tell its distorting your stereo buss. start there and see if that helps.
Hehe, yeah, don't worry, these tracks are far from finished. So, we will definatley consider what you guys are talking about. Mp3 compression sux, it sounds way better on CD.

Oh, there's another problem. If you take another listen, you'll notice that there's some crazy annoying pick noise. The guitars were recorded in a room, with the amp mic'd, not direct. Any way to take that out or mute it?

I would use Waves C4 with Andy's preset tweaked a little to reduce the low end rumble, placed in the Master Stereo Output of your mixing software.

But hey, keep in mind I'm not a producer

Yeah, definitely try the C4 setting on the guitars. They kinda have the Ride-the-Master-of-Justice whump whump whump thing going on.

As others have commented, the low end is pretty boomy. Are you running high pass filters on any of the tracks?

Drums sound pretty good overall, but it's kinda hard to tell much through the crapola Myspace player and the crapola computer speakers I'm listening through at the moment.

You're off to a good start, though. Shouldn't be too hard to tweak it into shape.