Zak and John and Wade on Hall of the Mountain King

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
That must have been an awesome show! I hope somebody got some recordings >_>

(pre script heh. Meant Jon not John.)

via: Blabbermouth

JON OLIVA And ZAK STEVENS Reunite On Stage For LES TALENT Memorial Show; Photos Available
Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2007 at 22:30:18 EST

As previously reported, a memorial show for respected Seminole, FL musician Les Talent (born Les S. Green), who passed away on July 19th, took place on Sunday, August 19th at Fast Eddies (5017 66th St. N.) in St. Petersburg, FL. JON OLIVA'S PAIN, CIRCLE II CIRCLE/ex-SAVATAGE frontman Zak Stevens and CRIMSON GLORY frontman Wade Black all performed at the event. Other acts on the bill included BAD NEIGHBORS, BIG BROTHER and MONEYSHOT.

DORIAN guitarist Tom McDyne (ex-Circle II Circle) has contacted BW&BK with the following news regarding his thoughts on the show:

"I never had the pleasure of meeting Les, but his name always came up in the music community when bass players were mentioned. Earlier this year, Gary Schutt told me about Les? amazing talents as a bassist and backup vocalist. When the time came to hunt for a bassist for DOCTRINE, Les was on a very short list to receive a phone call for an audition. Most, if not all of the guys in Jon Oliva's Pain were lifelong friends with Les and I offer my condolences to them and Les? family. I too lost my best friend and band mate back in 1996, so I know exactly what the guys in Jon Oliva's Pain are going through.

The amount of talent in one room to celebrate the life of Les Talent was simply amazing! An all-star cast consisted of: Jon Oliva's Pain, ZAK STEVENS, BLACK REIGN, Big Brother, THE DEVON CARMICHAEL BAND, Bad Neighbors, PAUL HARMS / A.D.D., and MATT LAPORTE's THE ENABLERS.

Matt Laporte was kind enough to ask me to take part in the first public performance of both Jon Oliva and Zak Stevens reuniting on the same stage at the same time in how many years!? It was an honor and a privilege to perform the SAVATAGE classics 'Edge Of Thorns', 'Gutter Ballet', 'Believe' and then joining Jon and Zak was none other than Wade Black for 'The Hall Of The Mountain King'. Three metal gods simultaneously laying down the law! It was truly an honor, a privilege, a dream come true and a moment in time never to be forgotten. Thanks Matt!"

I actually was at the show while on vacations in Florida... Man, this is truly a night to remember.

They must have played 2 Pain songs, a Beatles cover and the rest was Savatage. It was awesome and very emotional. I'm trying to think of the entire setlist to post here... It was one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen.

Fly Away
Day in the life
Only You
Believe
Labyrinth
Follow me
Edge of Thorns
New York City
Hall of the Mountain King
Stare into the Sun
Jesus Saves
Gutter Ballet
and maybe 1 more.

\m/

Wow, I wish Savatage would tour again. I never saw them and now have deep regrets. Thats a pretty good set list ... but what wouldnt be ? I think Id need to hear Converstation Piece and Hounds, but really ... how hard to choose? Sleep ..... Stare into the Sun .... damn who could complain. When it all boils down at the end of the day .... Savatage rules !