13 years is a LONG time

Phxthrax

Phoenician STOMP MONSTER!
Jul 15, 2002
In between
:Smokin: To all you Spitz bashers out there....why would you bash someone that was an integral part of Anthrax's early days if you're SUCH the diehard fan? When Danny left, he'd been with Thrax for 13 years! Now if he "sucked" just as much as I've been reading then why was he with the band for a little over a decade. They coulda replaced him LONG ago instead of years down the road and still done well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not takng ANY side on this "battle" that seems to forever rage amongst us fans, but I think Danny was a great lead player and Scott and Dan both "liked the same music" back in the day so obviously he was good enough to join Thrax when he did. Whether or not this new band with him and McBrain will sound killer and actually be worth the $15 for a CD only time will tell, but I still get off on hearing The Enemy blasting thru my speakers just as much as when I listen to V8.

Just my 2 cents.

:headbang:

I think it's more about having fun!!
Doesn't matter to me who's in the band as long as its Trax, thats all I care about.Joey , John , Paul , Dan , its all good to me!!!

BTw, did you see the pic that was posted (Danny), it's hard not to make fun of someone looking so retarded!!

Dutchy, I agree with ya man. Thrax tunes are all good. That isn't the best pic of Danny I've seen, especially with his lazy eye.

As gay as a song as NFB was, the solo was pretty cool. Any band other than anthrax could have taken that song and blown up with it (ala Poison's "every rose"), but Anthrax just chose to make it into a parody.

I've never once said anything about his playing, but his personality blows. His 20Q was downright confusing, and apparently that's how he actually talks/thinks all the time. (I was hoping he was just drunk at the time.) It's disturbing. But I never said he can't play. I just think it would be better if he did it without ever opening his mouth. :D

Sounds to me like he changed over time, like most people do.
He said hisself that he hadn't touched the guitar for 6-7 years. Sounds like he became less interested in what he was doing, and was looking for a change.
He does come across as VERY ARROGANT!
ala......"Do the Math!" comment

Yeah TD. I met him backstage in in 94. I only said hi, but I could tell that he didn't want to talk to me, so I moved on. From that point on, I always thought of him a little prick and I was so glad when Anthrax gave him the pink slip. His playing was good but you gotta have someone cool in the band. It's part of being in a band. You can't just record an album and sit at home and wait for the checks.