70000 TONS OF METAL CRUISE

Just confirmed........RAVEN!!!!!!!

Man, think of the possibilities!!!
You have Joe Hasselvander drumming for RAVEN these days.

TROUBLE is on the bill.
TROUBLE are good friends with Pentagram.
Eric Wagner (formerly of TROUBLE) recently fronted DEATH ROW.

Oh man!!!
You could have some serious DOOM frenzy potentially taking place, esp if PENTRAGRAM and DEATH ROW get added.

Simone-Simons-Epica.png

Hands where we can see them folks!!!!

Ugh, can we go back to Simone? :lol:

haha, what have I started? :lol: Epica is playing two hours from where i love on Friday...I don't know if I should go, the other bands suck.

Is there a scan of that revolver article? If Saxon is on the bill, then I'll get the damn room all for myself...and hopefully....;)

Raven on the bill is also full of win. I'm loving the cruise more by the minute!!!! Release the full lineup!!!!!! :D

haha, what have I started? :lol: Epica is playing two hours from where i love on Friday...I don't know if I should go, the other bands suck.

Is there a scan of that revolver article? If Saxon is on the bill, then I'll get the damn room all for myself...and hopefully....;)

Raven on the bill is also full of win. I'm loving the cruise more by the minute!!!! Release the full lineup!!!!!! :D

Scanner not working but just go to any bookstore and look at page 28. Page 29 is the ad. Why would I make this up of all people who's an uber Saxon fan? :lol:

From the site:

Please welcome the leading lights of NWOBHM: SAXON will play two unique shows aboard 70000TONS OF METAL. One night SAXON will play “Wheels Of Steel”, the entire album. On a different night, they will play “Strong Arm Of The Law” also the entire album. With our Skipper's promise to come back to the UK for more, we set sail again. Course: The Channel. Where is our Skipper taking us? To the new world?

From the site:

Please welcome the leading lights of NWOBHM: SAXON will play two unique shows aboard 70000TONS OF METAL. One night SAXON will play “Wheels Of Steel”, the entire album. On a different night, they will play “Strong Arm Of The Law” also the entire album. With our Skipper's promise to come back to the UK for more, we set sail again. Course: The Channel. Where is our Skipper taking us? To the new world?

You're killing me. Seriously. I would love to go to this just for them alone, but I just don't know if I can swing this.

For me the appeal would be Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius, being in the warm weather in the middle of winter and Cozumel. Went there for my honeymoon last year and absolutely feel in love with the Island. We want to go back so bad. Only bad thing is during boat stop layovers the merchants can be a bit pushy but you get a couple blocks off the main strip it's different and there are some fantastic off the beaten path places to eat. I'm definately keeping this tour in mind.

The other two factors that I don't recall being spoken of...

1. Triton feels like it's part of our scene. I'd rather support the scene, than pay some outsider to bring Amon Amarth around for the 10th time in three years.
2. Bahamas >>> Cozumel. Not even close. If you're taking this as an opportunity to see a Caribbean island, than go to the Bahamas. Cozumel is a tourist hell, unless you rent a jeep/grab a cab, and travel 45 minutes to the other side of the island, away from where the cruise ships come in. On the cruise ship side of the island, it's nothing but jewelery stores, t-shirt stores, fake Cuban cigars and awful food. Conversely, the Bahamas is lovely.

Zod

Zod, I would whole heartedly disagree. We did some research before we left and then talked to some locals and every meal we ate was amazing. There are plenty of places they told us to avoid but in talking with different local couples and looking at Tripadvisor.com there were some places that were unanimous to eat at so we hit those. All were delicious, worth the money and eat had it's own unique cuisine.

Looks like Triton has been canceled...

http://www.bravewords.com/news/133276

Posted on Friday, February 26, 2010 at 10:05:05 EST

Organizers of the Triton Power Cruise - which was set to sail on the Carnival Imagination on April 30th - May 3rd from Miami, Florida - has been cancelled.

Organizers have issued the following statement:

"Due to an extreme medical crisis within the promoter’s family it is with a heavy soul we report the cancellation of the Triton Power Cruise. This cancellation does not represent a failure on behalf of any individual, band, sponsor, ticket sales, or the cruise line. Any speculation otherwise would be categorically erroneous. All tickets purchased may be honored to cruise on the Carnival Imagination without the event and a partial refund will be credited to those exercising this option. Purchasers who would prefer a full refund will receive 100% of their purchase paid."

Triton Power Cruise was scheduled to feature the following acts: CIRCLE II CIRCLE, CRIMSON GLORY, THE ELEMENT, EUMERIA, EVERGREY, FUTURES END, JON OLIVA'S PAIN, PAGAN'S MIND, SEVEN WITCHES, SHADOW GALLERY.

The Triton Power Cruise website can be found at www.tritonpowercruise.com.

Bought my cabin for 70000 tons today. If this turns out anything like its looking its going to it should be a historic metal occassion. Talked with the lady on the phone a bit (real nice) and got some background details on the whole thing. She said tickets are selling faster then they expected and that the headliners haven't even been announced yet. Everyone there seemed sincere and excited about the event. I'm still just aghast at the scope of the entire project. I mean 40 bands each playing two sets? Its outrageous. The marketing is so good I imagine it will sell out, they have propagated themselves around the web better in less then one year then I have my own internet company in 10+ years. Anyone else from here looking at going?
Aaron

PS. I honestly wish it was just a Progpower style Festival show for 4 days though. I could really do without the whole cruise aspect but I guess it will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

I'm still on the fence. I really want to see the bands listed. Would suck if it sells out that fast though. Thing is, I can only do this if I can get a few more people to go with me. List the effin bands already!