A little about yourself

Any interesting reason? That's unusual.

Nothing special. I get bored with names from time to time.

@Verbum_Lux

Dude, God used theocracy to reach you? What could be more awesome! :D

Yeah, I think it's pretty cool myself. I hadn't been a Christian for all that long when I found the band. Their music really spoke to me though, and it helped me when I was going through some stuff. Like I said, great timing.

I'm Josué (in English : "Joshua", you know, the son of Nun in the Bible :D), 17.
I'm a Christian, and I'm trying to seek God and discover who He really is... and, who I am BTW :D

I live in France and I didn't have any interest for music until the age of 14, when I started to listen to some Hillsong, Skillet, and co... but this music was not exactly what I was looking for. And one day a friend made me listen to "Emerald Sword" by Rhapsody, and I thought that was that kind of music I liked.
So I started looking for Power Metal across the web and I discovered bands like Sacrecy, Majestic Vanguard, Theocracy, Harmony, Divinifire, HB, Rhapsody, Sonata Arctica, Luca Turilli...

And since then I started listening to music on Youtube... and the more I listened to Theocracy and Rhapsody, the more I loved them. (that was not the case with the others as I got tired of their songs after gazillions listens). And now I'm trying to buy the albums I listened to, telling friends to buy it for me on the Internet, as I don't have any credit card but have enough money to buy them all :D...

As for my hobbies, I love computer programming.
I started developping games from scratch in Ruby at the age of 14, and I enjoyed it a lot.
When I was 15, I started developping a game in Ruby with other people who where interested in my works on a Platform Game Engine (which was not very good :rofl:), and I had to redo it all when we saw what I did was not sufficient for what we were planning :rofl:
As we were doing another version, I made a brand new map editor, with a TON of tools and funny tools such as map schema editor, custom documentation editor / viewer, object editor, and all that kind of stuff...

And now, we are AGAIN making a remake of the concept (beccause there weren't enough people to do all the work so we wanted to make the game shorter and less complex), and I will develop it in C# with XNA this time, it is way much faster and we'll be able to do very funny things :D

Here is a video of the actual Ruby version (which will be abandoned in favor of the C# version) :

And here is our channel :
http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamFactoryOfficial#p/a/u/0/LoC6Y-bM5Ak

In addition to the making of that game, I actually work with some people and we are creating a suite of tools to make games on PC, XBox and Windows Phones. I am in charge of developping the level / database editor, and maybe, in the future, a platform game engine as game engine for this suite of tools.

And I'm also developping software in Python (for the easy portability PC / Mac) for my father's enterprise (and I earn some money with that :D)...

When I'll have some time I would like to learn languages like Lisp, OCaml, Haskell, F#, to introduce me to functional programming...

Well, that's enough I think :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone like insects? I collect and raise Beetles as well as Mantids. I also raise salamanders, millipedes, spiders, etc!!!

Anyone like insects? I collect and raise Beetles as well as Mantids. I also raise salamanders, millipedes, spiders, etc!!!
That's weird... though, I must say that some of these are amazing, that's why I like to see them in documentaries :D

Hey guys...I'm Mike. I've been a member over at the CMR for quite awhile; as well as Heart of Metal. My username at both of those is just 'metalheaded', and I wanted to choose the same one here, but it was already taken, bah! Never thought someone else would pick that exact name. Anyway, I thought I'd finally expand just a bit and join in here...

Started listening to metal with Iron Butterfly around '78 or '79 with my dad's 8-track copy of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, but it didn't take hold full-time until we moved to a larger city in 1983, where they had radio stations that played Quiet Riot, Ratt, Twisted Sister, Iron Maiden, etc. Once I heard those bands, that was it, I was hooked on metal from that point on, and never looked back. Soon moved on to heavier bands as the thrash scene developed, but didn't abandon regular classic metal bands. Nowadays I enjoy almost all genres of metal. Thrash is my fav, followed closely by power metal; particularly the heavier, grittier power metal bands (Grave Digger, Dark At Dawn, Running Wild, Sabaton, etc.).

Anyway, I am also a Christian. Jesus Christ is the only way a person can get to Heaven. No other ways exist. The Bible is God's infallible Word, every bit of it. God exists as the Trinity; Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and God the Father. His Name is YHWH.

Hope to stick around here a bit...

Well hello guys! My name is Vasilis and i've been a member quite a while,
been checking the forum almost everyday but I've never really been the "active forum" guy. But being a fan since 2005, I decided to give it a try and share my love for the band with other fans! :)

Καλώς Ήρθες!
(That's about the extent of my Hellenic)

Wow - you've been a member for YEARS!!
It's great to have you "active".

So, are there any Greek bands anything like Theocracy?

Καλώς Ήρθες!
(That's about the extent of my Hellenic)

Wow - you've been a member for YEARS!!
It's great to have you "active".

So, are there any Greek bands anything like Theocracy?

Thanks for the kind welcome! And excellent greek Aish! Well yeah i've been a member a while but more or less kind like a silent observer! I know by username almost every member here ,strange as it may seem... :p

Now talking about bands, not really any Christian bands lyricwise. But I believe that you could check Innerwish (who are on Ulterium Records aswell)
or maybe Firewind. I believe these are the 2 most well-known regarding heavy-power metal, worth checking . There are a couple of more others as well but I think that Greece is more famous for Death or Black Metal bands :S

Thanx again for the welcome! I guess my luck of free time is what kept me away from this forum for so long. Anyway, my interest to be active came back with the release of ASTWB so here i am now!

Welcome aboard, Vasilis.

Thanks for the kind welcome! And excellent greek Aish! Well yeah i've been a member a while but more or less kind like a silent observer! I know by username almost every member here ,strange as it may seem... :p

Now talking about bands, not really any Christian bands lyricwise. But I believe that you could check Innerwish (who are on Ulterium Records aswell)
or maybe Firewind. I believe these are the 2 most well-known regarding heavy-power metal, worth checking . There are a couple of more others as well but I think that Greece is more famous for Death or Black Metal bands :S

From what I've heard of Innerwish, they're pretty good. I'm aware of Firewind, but haven't listened to them yet.

I do listen to Luna Obscura though, who are from Greece and make excellent music. It's not power metal though ..... more in the gothic/symphonic, beauty & the beast kind of metal range.

I posted a while back, and when I return, my post not here. I must have closed the browser without clicking submit. Crud. Again, I guess.

I'm Josh. I'm from Raleigh, NC (USA). I'm 25 and married and the proud father of two little fuzzy dogs. I like doing anything active; skateboarding, running, biking, no handed cow tipping, you name it.

I had listened to rock music all my life on the radio. Then one day I heard metallica's S&M cd and my face fell off. I went searched for more music that had that sound, and finally found "Nemo" by Nightwish on the radio. From then on, its been all metal- power/prog/symphonic/death... pretty much any type.

The only problem, I cannot shut off my brain and just listen to music. I always listen to words and try to analyse what the song is saying...and with the majority of metal being what it is, there's a lot of not positive/non Christian stuff out there. There's even a genre dedicated to anti-Christian metal. Even bands I love sometimes say stuff that I don't agree with.
That's why I love Theocracy. It is 100 percent music that I want to hear, both lyrically and musically. And being on this forum helps so much to find other bands that are pointed in the right direction as well. Thanks !

To the list:
Favorite Bands/artists:

Theocracy
Nightwish
Sonata Arctica
Blind Guardian
Keane
Kamelot
Volbeat

Favorite Albums
Theocracy - ATWB.
Nightwish - Once
Sonata Arctica - Reckoning Night
Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side
Keane - Under The Iron Sea
Kamelot - Black Halo
Volbeat - Guitar Gangsters And Cadillac Blood

Favorite Songs

Theocracy - Laying The Demon To Rest
Nightwish - The Escapist
Sonata Arctica - The Misery
Blind Guardian -Wheel Of Time
Keane - Bedshaped
Kamelot - Forever
Volbeat - The Human Instrument

Favorite Books (or Series of books)

Bible
Harry Freakin Potter
Tolkein's Books
Animorphs
Sword Of Shannara Series
Uncle John's Bathroom Reader

Favorite Video Games
Castlevania (All)
Halo (All)
Gears Of War (All)
Bioshock (All)
Dance Central
Urban Terror

Favorite Movies
Any Live Metal Band DVD
Phantom Of The Opera
Sweeny Todd
Super Troopers
Moulin Rouge

TV
Seinfeld
Married With Children
How I Met Your Mother
Big Bang Theory
Office
Modern Family
Transformers (old animated)
Xmen (old animated)

Hi all. my name is Mike and I am from the province of Newfoundland, Canada. i am married and have 2 children. I discovered Theocracy around 2005 when I heard their debut online. I also heard MOS around 2009 through you tube and finally ordered their 2 albums back in summer 2010. I have been a fan since then.

I first got into contemporary Christian music in Christmas of 1984 when my Barents gave me 2 cassettes: Christian Let The Music Start and Farrell And Farrell Choices. Then in 1985 I discovered real Christian Rick and metal like Petra, Stryper, Rez Band and Daniel Band. I 've been hooked ever since. favorite bands are:

Stryper
Petra
Saint
Rob Rock (and his other projects like Impellitteri, Fires of Babylon, Joshua, etc)
Theocracy
Ken Tamplin/Shout
Rez Band
Whitecross
Deliverance
X-Sinner
Dream Theater

Favorite albums:
Daniel Band - Run from the Darkness
X-Sinner- Get It
Petra- More Power to Ya, Unseen Power and Back to The Rock
Stryper - To Hell With The Devil
Rob Rock - Holy Hell
Theocracy - MOS and ATWB

favorite songs: too many to mention

Favorite movies:
Star Wars trilogies
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Saving Private Ryan

Favorite shows:
Dragon's Den
CSI

Favorite books:
Bible
Left Behind Series

I'm Jared and I'm from Missouri.

I sold all my cds and decided to dedicate myself to Christian music, rather than worldly music. So far I've got Tourniquet (they're alright when Luke Easter isn't screaming), Theocracy (greatest find so far), and I listen to Petra (mostly just Petra Praise).

I gave up my old music because I wanted to rebuild my relationship with God. I think it's turning out really well. I used to listen to stuff like Queen, Megadeth, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, Dream Theater, etc. but now I only listen to a little when I'm in the car with my dad ;)

About a year or two ago I was diagnosed with Autism (Aspergher's) and Depression. I get along with it pretty well, though. I just can't drive very well (I hate driving, so yay).

My biggest hobby is video games. I grew up with a Sega Genesis (4 Genesis consoles and a Sega CD to be exact). Along with the Genesis, I have two Intellivisions, a Dreamcast, a Wii, an Xbox 360, a Nomad, a GBA, a GBA SP, and a whole bunch of Genesis peripherals.

I guess that about covers it.

Oh, and my dad manages Long John Silver's A&W (combo restaurant) so I get free food :D