A really strange suggestion for a ProgPower headliner...

Again, I listen to some of those bands, but they break down as thrashy classic death metal, grind, deceased, melo-death, dunno, melo-death, dunno, melo-death, and power. Maryland Deathfest is death metal with emphasis on the death. If it's not brutal or very "death" for lack of better terminology, it's not going to be playing. So if that's not what you want, go to Wacken. It doesn't make it not a good death metal festival. Just trying to show you what I mean. ;)

Edit: I think you guys should try Impaled though. For something that's not super brutal aggressive sounding death metal, it has basically the perfect combination. They're fast, heavy, super-catchy, melodic (not melo-death, but they have noticeable melodies), have great production without sound sterile, and have a sense of humor ("Music in a juglar vein" :D ). Check on the album 'Mondo Medicale.' I was actually going to buy their new album, but I listened to some tracks and it had really shitty production. Go with 'Mondo Medicale.' I don't know the band Carcass well, but apparently they have major Carcass influences (as in putting melodies into death metal but still keeping it death metal).

You can check out "Operating Theatre" here (their catchiest song):
http://66.199.224.135/uploads/3015_operatingtheatre.mp3

And "Raise The Stakes" here:
http://ncmu.com/main/multimedia/mp3files/Impaled - Raise the Stakes.mp3

Both are from 'Mondo Medicale.' Think you might like it. ^_^

Barking Pumpkin said:
So if that's not what you want, go to Wacken. It doesn't make it not a good death metal festival. Just trying to show you what I mean. ;)
That's kind of my point. This belief that Death festivals in the U.S. are plentiful. Truth is, you still need to fly to Europe if you want a highend festival.

Barking Pumpkin said:
Edit: I think you guys should try Impaled though. For something that's not super brutal aggressive sounding death metal, it has basically the perfect combination. They're fast, heavy, super-catchy, melodic (not melo-death, but they have noticeable melodies), have great production without sound sterile, and have a sense of humor ("Music in a juglar vein" :D ). Check on the album 'Mondo Medicale.'
Thanks. I'll definitely check it out.

Zod

:lol:

How about this for a show with some variety? :D

flyer01.jpg

Still can't figure out what that third band is though. Looks like a power metal band with an illegible logo.

Barking Pumpkin said:

How about this for a show with some variety? :D

Pretty cool - though Slough Feg was tough to sit through when I saw them in NY (though I like their studio output). Interesting to note that the flyer advertises them as "The Lord Weird Slough Feg" since they changed their name previously to just "Slough Feg".

EDIT - Nevermind, I just saw that show was advertised for April, obviously an old flyer. :)

Barking Pumpkin said:
Still can't figure out what that third band is though. Looks like a power metal band with an illegible logo.

It's "Dekapitator". I've heard they are heavily influenced by Vomit Remnants, LOL.

Ah, I searched with a C instead of a K. Actually looks like they're a thrashy death band formed by the members of Exhumed.

And look how badass they are, they're playing on and around. :loco: :lol:

981_photo.jpg

Dark One said:
...Slough Feg was tough to sit through when I saw them in NY...
Painful is more like it. We were with the biggest Slough Feg fanboy on the planet, and even he was bored stiff.

By the way, why even bother to tour when you can ony draw 25 people in New York. Such crowds are forgivable in some nowhere town in the midwest on a Tuesday, but for NY? What's the point?

Zod

General Zod said:
Painful is more like it. We were with the biggest Slough Feg fanboy on the planet, and even he was bored stiff.

Yep, even HE had to acknowledge the "painfully" obvious. :)

General Zod said:
By the way, why even bother to tour when you can ony draw 25 people in New York. Such crowds are forgivable in some nowhere town in the midwest on a Tuesday, but for NY? What's the point?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have no idea who was behind that tour debacle, but money simply HAD to be lost all around on that one.

Joe-× said:
Glenn will not go old school. He isn't old enough. He's just a young punk. Old school for him would be Bon Jovi. (Please don't get him started on that). Glenn knows nothing about old school metal. A few years back I met up with him at a show in Baltimore. Raven was playing. Naturally, I wore my hockey helmet. Who didn't? Glenn didn't! A couple of us checked him hard. When he called us a bunch of wackos, he had us fooled for a second. So we yelled out "Hear the Call!" He just stood there like a moron.

Old school? Ha!

Joe