ADVICE ON THERION CDs

SavaVIDude

Savatage Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA, Earth
I don't own any, yet. What would you guyz recommend?? My fav band is Savatage (prefer older). I like crunch - like Tad Morose last year. So, if you please, recommend 1,2 or 3 CDs (in order of preference).

Thanks in advance,
Chris :headbang:

I'd also recommend Lemuria/Srius B to start. You can buy the double CD set at about the same price as a single CD, as Biffle said, and there's lots of crunch.

yes, the 'Lemuria/Sirius B' double cd is a great deal - twice the great music for the same low price as one cd! After that, I would fall back to the 'Crowning of Atlantis' cd simply for the 'crunch' value. There's several tracks on there that were previously unreleased, one remastered song, several cover tunes from 80's power-houses, and three live tracks of their material that will give you an idea of their later-years sound. After that, I'd get their 'Live in Midgard' double album (if you like live albums), because once again it's priced as one cd and it gives you a wide range of their entire catalog.

Then come talk to me and I'll set you on the right path. :D

~Hoyt.

I'm a die hard fan of this band, i follow them since early demos (1989). Lemuria/SIrius B is an awesome double album, but is not the best.

FOR ME, the best albums are THELI and VOVIN, the first one was the beginning of Therion's new era, (From Death Metal to Symphonic Metal), and the second one, simply :worship: (the rise of sodom and gomorrah it's awesome alive)

Also LIVE IN MIDDGARD it's another good option, it´s a double live album, and here You will be able to have an idea how the band sounds on stage.

i can't hard wait for the DVD !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

If you are interested in Lemuria/Sirius B, I am selling the Deluxe Edition Limited Digibook with Slipcase as well as the Live in Midgard 2cd set. Both are in mint condition. Let me know if you are interested as I will give you a great deal. You can e-mail me at nightwish58@hotmail.com

Hoyt, thanks for answering.....your approach was exactly what I was going to suggest, so you saved me some typing. (Current CDs, then CoA, then the live CDs for an overview of their sound.)

Can't disagree with those saying Theli and Vovin are essentials, either. To this day, I instantly associate "To Mega Therion" -- probably their single best-recognized song -- with WREKage, the radio show I help host....'cause they were playing that song a lot on WREKage back when I first discovered the show, it helped hook me into the show and I never looked back. \m/

good deal, I think you'll enjoy them. :D

and thanks for the kudos Paul. Also, yes everyone, I agree that Theli and Vovin are essentials in any Therion collection. They are perhaps my two favorite albums from this band. But I was simply trying to give SavaVIDude a good feel for the band without him spending a huge amount of money.
And I've told Paul in the past that it was because of Wrekage that I first learned of Therion. I happened acorss the station for the first time in years back in '96 when I heard the song 'to Mega Therion'. I called the station that very moment and demanded to know who the band was. And the following week I requested the song myself and then within another week found the Theli cd in a Media Play store. And the rest is ancient history.

Therion is the heavy metal band I had been looking for all my life. :worship:

~Hoyt.