After Party Suggestion

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
At the end of Friday night, I can only imagine that several people are going to want to stay out and continue to celebrate the evenings events. I bet some of the band members would want to stay out also - especially with this being their first US gigs etc.

Would it seem like viable option to call a club and tell them that a *few* PP fans may be coming along that night? If we coordinate well enough, we could even fill the club. They could even arrange for a metal DJ to spin some tunes whilst we drink and get merry.

What do you guys think? We could give the bands (and ourselves) a real US/Atlanta warm welcome and perhaps buy some of the band members a drink or two if they wish to hang out with us. :D Let's face it, we know that Edguy and Silent Force are going to want to party that night (just based on how they party in post-gig partys in Europe).

Is this a crazy idea? We don't have to do anything formal perhaps, but we may want to inform a club that a few metal fans might be showing up that night! :lol:

AWESOME idea! Not only does it give us a chance to be fanboys or fangirls :D, but it allows for a great way of meeting a bunch of cool (I'm assuming) metalheads from around the country, hell, world!

Maybe one of our "local" Atlanteans knows of a place that would accomodate?

As I was typing this, I was just thinking about how fun & goddamned excited I am, yet the damn fest is still so far away! Arrrgghhhh!

Cool Mark. Yeah if this seems to be the consensus, I am more than happy to call around and see if we can book a club in Atlanta for the Friday night.

Isn't there a metal DJ on this forum somewhere (DAVE THE METAL GUY)? Maybe he can DJ that night?

Originally posted by JayKeeley
Cool Mark. Yeah if this seems to be the consensus, I am more than happy to call around and see if we can book a club in Atlanta for the Friday night.

Isn't there a metal DJ on this forum somewhere (DAVE THE METAL GUY)? Maybe he can DJ that night?

sure man, i'd love to....but....usually on a given night on air i have 300-500 cd that i carry with me. i seriously doubt i will travel with them. maybe i can use this as an excuse to get an iPOD and program all the metal in it and play it through crappy computer speakers. OR, maybe one of ProgPower's sponsor's will 'donate' cd's to a good cause...
worth checking into i guess....
i'm all for it....

Originally posted by DAVETHEMETALGUY

sure man, i'd love to....but....usually on a given night on air i have 300-500 cd that i carry with me. i seriously doubt i will travel with them. maybe i can use this as an excuse to get an iPOD and program all the metal in it and play it through crappy computer speakers. OR, maybe one of ProgPower's sponsor's will 'donate' cd's to a good cause...
worth checking into i guess....
i'm all for it....

I've been to one party and one "trivia night" (don't laugh!) where the DJs (the first not professional, the second one was) used mp3s and it was pretty cool! Eliminates the need for all those CDs and Winamp has fader options, etc. I heartily recommend trying it out! Crappy computer speakers are better than nothin', me thinks. :D

Shaye

Originally posted by markgugs
UP! Simply because I feel Jay's thoughts are the best concerning post-show shenanigans...:D

ok, so does that mean that i need to start the mp3 ball rolling? i can borrow a laptop from someone around my house download all my mp's to it and make a nice little winamp playlist. I do know i have one EDGUY mp3 that i got off of progpower....

but i'm still worried about the sound, how the hell do you plug in and play thru big speakers?

i'm a MAC guy and really dont know how to do it, but i have a few months to try to get it right. what kind of cable for instance from the labtop to the speakers. or what am i bitting the head of of?

so if anyone has knowlege of a cool website where they get their good mp3's to download for FREE. i'll start collecting stuff now.... plus this would make me feel better since my metal show at WVUA (www.newrock907.com) is on fridat nights...i always get weirded out when ever i dont do the show, so it will be my friday nite "Metal Zone".

I think we should put it on the person's mind who thought this up on where to do it. Maybe the bottom floor of the Masquerade.??? hahaha

Keep me posted.

Hey guys,

I guess the first thing we can do is see which club will accomodate us, and ask them what they suggest with regards to bringing our own music and which format. I guess if someone who lives in Atlanta can help us out, that would be cool - otherwise I can 'cold call'.

I wouldn't be surprised if several clubs have some kind of system that allows for MP3 playback through their pre-amps. I know someone who plugs their laptop into his hi-fi - same principle I assume.

Re: getting MP3's, that's the easy part. I rip all my CDs anyway so I only have to carry one MP3 CD instead of 20 regular CDs on my travels. God bless MP3 compression!

Anyway, the point is, we can set up an FTP site and upload our MP3s or playlists etc. Dave can then download them and burn them to his iPOD or CD.

By setting up an FTP site, we can all upload our fave music - e.g I know we all have alternate tastes other than just prog and power. I mean, if we're gonna do this - I want to hear some In Flames and Bolt Thrower too. heh.

JK.

...By setting up an FTP site, we can all upload our fave music - e.g I know we all have alternate tastes other than just prog and power. I mean, if we're gonna do this - I want to hear some In Flames and Bolt Thrower too. heh....JK.

I'm NOT kidding. I have a concert rule...NO listening excessively to the bands you're going to see/you've just seen! Ok, I might make an exception for this special event, but it's a good rule!

On more serious topics, I'll be glad to help set up a fun after-show event. Let me know what you need me to do. Bring chips and napkins? :D :lol:

It's not a huge job if a bunch of people all do a small part...

...By setting up an FTP site, we can all upload our fave music - e.g I know we all have alternate tastes other than just prog and power. I mean, if we're gonna do this - I want to hear some In Flames and Bolt Thrower too. heh....JK.

I'm NOT kidding. I have a concert rule...NO listening excessively to the bands you're going to see/you've just seen! Ok, I might make an exception for this special event, but it's a good rule!

On more serious topics, I'll be glad to help set up a fun after-show event. Let me know what you need me to do. Bring chips and napkins? :D :lol:

It's not a huge job if a bunch of people all do a small part...

Anyway, the point is, we can set up an FTP site and upload our MP3s or playlists etc. Dave can then download them and burn them to his iPOD or CD.

By setting up an FTP site, we can all upload our fave music - e.g I know we all have alternate tastes other than just prog and power. I mean, if we're gonna do this - I want to hear some In Flames and Bolt Thrower too. heh.

JK. [/B]

that is a good idea man,
i'm up for downloading from a ftp....and if I'M THE DJ, I PROMISE AS GOD/SATAN/BAAL OR WHATEVER YOU PRAY TO...YOU WILL HEAR BOLT THROWER, IN FLAMES, AT THE GATES, CHILDREN OF BODOM, HYPOCRISY, HASTE, SOILWORK, TERROR 2000, DREAM EVIL. EVEN OLD CLASSICS LIKE TESTAMENT, SLAYER, KING DIAMOND, MERCYFUL FATE, MAYBE THIN LIZZY IF I GET DRUNK ENOUGH!. AND I'LL TAKE REQUESTS AS ALWAYS....
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK....

ALSO, NAPKINS AND CHIPS...FINE WITH ME, MAYBE A COKE TO GO ALONG OR.....MAYBE WE CAN GET THE VARSITY TO CATER THIS PARTY, BUT I THINK THAT'S GETTING OUTTA HAND..HAHA

@DAVETHEMETALGUY

Regarding all those CD's you have and MP3 stuff. The easiest thing, as you suggested would be to burn those onto MP3 format.

Once on MP3 format you could do one of the following;

a) Take a laptop and connect the headphone socket (3.5mm -> left + right phono sockets) and plug that directly into an amplifer which would then boost the sounds out onto whatever speakers you have

or more likely

b) Use a MP3 Walkman and use the same cable to connect the headphone socket to the amplifier (via the 3.5mm jack to left + right male phono sockets).

Of course for both a) and b), I am assuming the gig has a decent music system which auxillary inputs for male phono sockets. (ALL quality music systems have these inputs so in reality there should be no problems at all).

I am flying in from Thailand, so if you need a MP3 walkman to play the CD's, I am happy to bring mine along for you to use for the gig and the cable to connect. (This is how I listen to MP3's off my amp at home).

At least if you use b), there is less liability plus you only need to bring a handfull of CD's.

Let me know.

Cheers

Metal_Thailand