After Party Suggestion

I think it will be great to actually drink with people who don't rag on me for wearing Hammerfall and Blind Guardian shirts (well, with Hammerfall a little ragging is in order j/k). Me, my brother and one of our drinking buddies will be there and we have voracious appetites for beer and all night binge fests. Can't wait to see you all there, we are the true templars of metal. :D

I am telling you one thing, I am gonna have a such a brilliant time at Atlanta this year. I am literally counting the days down till I fly out of here to the US - Wicked Can't wait.

Regarding this FTP site, this may turn sour, because if we wanted to house a shit load of albums, we need about like over a 1Gb is disk space !! Put it this way, I have MP3 CD's at 192Kbs (forget 160 it's arse, and sounds like Steve Harris' basement :lol: ), and 12 albums usually fit on one 650 Mb CD. 5CD's is about 3Gb of music !!

It's gonna be really difficult getting that amount of disk space, plus even if you only use lets say 400Mb, that's about less that 10 albums !!

The other point is, even if we do use FTP, how the fuck are we gonna be sure that there will be a cable/broadband connection in the joint?

Don't get me wrong, I think this after party suggestion is fantastic, it's all these bullshit 'nerdy' things which will need to be sorted.

If anyone has any better ideas please share them.

By the way, I am definately over 21, but by the end of the night and all the booze I consume, I am sure my IQ rating will drop below that.

Metal_Thailand

Originally posted by Metal_Thailand

Regarding this FTP site, this may turn sour, because if we wanted to house a shit load of albums, we need about like over a 1Gb is disk space !! Put it this way, I have MP3 CD's at 192Kbs (forget 160 it's arse, and sounds like Steve Harris' basement :lol: ), and 12 albums usually fit on one 650 Mb CD. 5CD's is about 3Gb of music !!

It's gonna be really difficult getting that amount of disk space, plus even if you only use lets say 400Mb, that's about less that 10 albums !!

The other point is, even if we do use FTP, how the fuck are we gonna be sure that there will be a cable/broadband connection in the joint?

Don't get me wrong, I think this after party suggestion is fantastic, it's all these bullshit 'nerdy' things which will need to be sorted.

If anyone has any better ideas please share them.
Metal_Thailand

i agree with you about the sound of mp3's at 160kbs. so lets say we all bring the stuff on our own. meaning...i'll rip the songs i wanna play and everyone rips the songs they want to hear. That way we know they'll all be good quality. Then we each bring 5 or 6 cd's and that should last for a night. i'll just make a winamp playlist and we'll play it out of the speakers in the club and just in case i have something pertinent to say, i'll just pause and then click again. so how abount that we all bring some burnt cd's with stuff on them and then we'll take it from there....AMEN!! on 'this nerdy stuff"
thoughts? ideas?

Before you folks go all to the trouble of setting this thing up at a bar, let me remind you that the show doesn't end until around 1:30am each night. Now, by the time you exit the venue and actually get over to the club (assuming you don't stop to talk or swing by the hotel), its going to be 2:00am. Your options are extremely limited at this point, especially if you are wanting to play your own music.

There is no public transportation at 2:00am in Atlanta. There are no cabs like in NYC that you can simply hail. That means you are going to have to wait on a cab or meet them outside at a specific time or they leave your ass.

After all is said and done, you are essentially looking to book a club from 2:30am until whenever. Bare in mind that this is after being at the show for 9 hours.

I am in no means trying to put a damper on the enthusiasm or the party, but just giving you folks a simple reality check on the matter. If you can pull it off, I salute you.

Glenn H.

That's an excellent point, Glenn. Most of the bars will close at 4 am Friday night and 3 am Saturday night. There's only a couple of "after-hours" clubs I am aware of, and I doubt either would be receptive to changing their format on a Friday or Saturday night.

With respect to the cab situation, this year I will warn Checker in advance that they might want to send some vehicles our way, just in case.

Speaking of Checker, I highly recommend them to everyone, if you're "out and about" and you need a ride FAST (404-351-1111).

Originally posted by Harvester
Before you folks go all to the trouble of setting this thing up at a bar, let me remind you that the show doesn't end until around 1:30am each night.

After all is said and done, you are essentially looking to book a club from 2:30am until whenever. Bare in mind that this is after being at the show for 9 hours.

I am in no means trying to put a damper on the enthusiasm or the party, but just giving you folks a simple reality check on the matter. If you can pull it off, I salute you.

Glenn H.

.....damn good point by Glenn, which I will reiterate my post from another thread.

I would think it would be more efficant to keep the party or parties at the hotels (though I'm sure the hotels will HATE that idea!) it would be closer, safer and probably even cheaper. If it is keept within reason, it would be an all around better deal for all of those who want to be up rockin' the night away.

Go to the store....buy a case of suds.....pick a room and mingle! hell.....room hopping was the shiznit last year! I really think it would be easier for everyone.

as far as tunes....I guess that's the thing to really work out :)

just my 2 cents......

yeah, but i'm just the DJ and i follow where metal leads me. i will lend my services if need be.
i agree this has the making of some kind of party in the atlanta metro police station. but you guys know i'll do the dj'ing if it comes down to it. no problem

and dustin....way to go with the OMEN! they are so often overlooked