Agalloch

Man Made Mike

man made, not god.
Jan 27, 2002
New York
hey buddies...i was bored and wanted to check out some new bands that i heard were good...and i heard the name Agalloch a lot...so i got a good amount of their songs...and i think they are pretty fucking good (its like....stoner metal!)...their songs make a really cool atmosphere....anyway, i wanted your opinion if you like them, whats their best cd? because im ordering cd's in bulk in a few days...about 15-17 cds...and i wanna get an Agalloch cd (or 2).......by the way, i know some people on the board will care about this....i checked out Ensiferum, i like them a lot...their cd is on my list :)

SD, i just listened to the Mantle and i totally agree with you, i dont think its anything great either.....but the two other cd's which i heard when i posted this thread are great..they are very eery

Agalloch is not the easiest band on Earth to get "into." It's very complex, very moody, very atmospheric music. To say that it's 'stoner metal' or 'boring' is really doing its creator - Haughm - a disservice. Agalloch ain't for everyone, but if given time and an open mind, can be some of the most rewarding music of late.

I recommend the debut 'Pale Folklore' to begin. It's the most metal, and incorporates some excellent folkish passages.

Ensiferum owns. Bow down!

Heard Agalloch for the first time today and I don't think they are boring at all. They won't be one of my favorite bands but I think I will really enjoy this music when I am in the right mood for it. Anyway, I think I need some more "mellow" music in my collection. I think I'm gonna have to buy "The Mantle." (I really like the cover of it.)