Albums that you *LOVE*...and everyone else hates...

Dustin said:

All Tony Martin-era Black Sabbath albums
Why does general public hate the Sabbath albums without Ozzy? Screw all the Ozzy-elitists, Black Sabbth just got better after the Ozzman was fired.
Tony Martin was the best thing to happen to Sabbath since Dio....

Here are some other albums, some I've seen in this thread more than once in other peples poststhat I feel are also super-awsome-great... but many people would rather eat their own vomit than listen to:

Riot - Sons of Society

Totally agree. 'The Eternal Idol' by Sabbath is amazing. I like that Riot album too. I still want to get 'Cold Lake' by Celtic Frost. Have not been able to track it down.

Winger's Pull is a fantastic record and not what many think it may sound like, this is definetly not 'She's only seventeen". A very mature album, great playing and lyrics. Highly underrated.
Same thing with Britney Fox's "Bite Down Hard" which is heavy and Warrant's "Dog Eat Dog" before they decided to jump on the grunge bandwagon. No cheese on these.

Dustin said:
Magnitude 9 - Decoding the Soul
A highly underated, misunderstood, and brilliant album. Sure, many fans were turned off by the more "simplified" song structures and a lot of reviews slighted them heavily on the fairly muddy production; But, the songs are so well written and performed, with tons of hooks and crunch, it's easy to look past everything else. It's the best Mag 9 album hands down... Too bad Rob has stated the band is no more, for me, they were just starting to take off.

Yes!!! I was disappointed that more people didn't get into this one, my review sums up my feelings about it (scroll down):

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Detritus/message/533

TheGraveDigger said:
'Savage Amusement' by the Scorpions. Alot of people dislike this era of the Scorps. I think this is a great album and I'll have you know that "Rhythm of Love" is one of my favorite songs ever.

Glad I'm not alone on this one! I love this album, take it to the beach with me every year; people always complain about the production but I think it's excellent, very unfairly criticized...

wayland smithers said:
Winger's Pull is a fantastic record and not what many think it may sound like, this is definetly not 'She's only seventeen". A very mature album, great playing and lyrics. Highly underrated.
Same thing with Britney Fox's "Bite Down Hard" which is heavy and Warrant's "Dog Eat Dog" before they decided to jump on the grunge bandwagon. No cheese on these.

O I forgot Poison's Native Tongue with Richie Kotzen on guitar. Bluesy and no hair spray, a very different sounding Poison and again more mature and some great songs. No metallic edge unfortunately.

Dustin said:
Magnitude 9 - Decoding the Soul

I'll have to check it out. I have Chaos to Control and really like it a lot.

lucretia96 said:
Megadeth--Cryptic Writings
Iced Earth--Glorious Burden

I definately like that Megadeth CD. It think it's one of their better albums. There are far fewer really weak songs on it than some of their more popular albums, but also fewer great songs IMHO.

I don't get how people don't like "The Glorious Burden." I think it is right up their with "The Dark Saga" and SWTWC.

Mosquito said:
Well, if Owens didn't suck so bad, I'd probably like it a lot more. And I am not a Barlow worshipper, I loved the first two vocalists.

I prefer Barlow, but Owens did a great job as well, the first 2 singers on the other hand were pretty bad, of corse partly because of crappy production.

Shay,I'm a Duran Duran Mark as well*ducks*
OK
Killer Dwarfs-Stand Tall
Anything by Kingdom Come
Anything by Stone Fury(especially the synth pop sound on their second CD,Let them Talk,BTW,this was the band prior to KK that Wolf fronted)
BOC-Revolution by night(Shooting shark and Take me away kills)
Black Sabbath-7th Star
Dream Theater,Falling to Infinity
Saga-Wildest Dreams(and some of their other late 80's era stuff)
Agree on the Vain CD
Yes-Big Generator
Soilwork-Natural Born Chaos(everyone thinks this is their sellout CD,I think its their best)
In Flames-All the post Colony stuff(and I like the older stuff as well)
Overkill-I hear Black
Fear Factory-Archtype
Fastway-Waiting for the Roar

Mosquito said:
Well, if Owens didn't suck so bad, I'd probably like it a lot more. And I am not a Barlow worshipper, I loved the first two vocalists.

I went into that album prepared to be disapointed. I AM a big Barlowe fan. I think he was the best metal vocalist while he was doing it. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the job Owens did. I thought he sounds good on the CD. His voice fits Iced Earth even though he doesn't sound much like Barlowe. It's different, but still good IMHO. However, I can see how people could dislike his voice.

ANything by Zebra- they were the most underrated band in history.
Grim Reaper - See you in Hell
Armored Saint - March of the Saint
Judas Priest - Turbo
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death

I had a lot of friends tell me that Maiden's last album sounded so "Di'Anno".:OMG:

Peace,
Ray C.

I love to go through my old stuff and recycle it into compilations........
I get "wood" when I play some Boston, Styx, or Damn Yankees.:headbang:

Great call....

Winger - Pull (Junkyard Dog):worship:

PS - fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.....................................sorry:oops:

some comments on albums I've seen listed...

Fastway's Waiting For The Roar is a great album , Girl is one of my favorite tunes by them.

Megadeth Cryptic Writings is also great, one of my top post-80s favorites by them. To me, Dave is kinda like Alice Cooper, never writes a bad song, just some are better than others.

Which brings me to Alice Cooper's Flush the Fashion, Pain is a tremendously classic Coop song, the obscure 80s Alice albums are good listens, Special Forces being one of my favorite Alice albums of all time.

Metallica - Load. It's not metal anymore but it's still great hard rock.

Dream Theater - Octavarium. This disk gets a lot of crap, but there isn't a song on it that I don't like.

Chris Rifkin(HalcyonF5 and Stu said:
Shay,I'm a Duran Duran Mark as well*ducks*

You are so totally busted! :D

BOC-Revolution by night(Shooting shark and Take me away kills)

"Take Me Away" is one of my faves from BOC, too ("Shooting Shark" isn't, but it's not bad either). Fans never seem to mention "Take Me Away" much, which is a damned shame. They have recently added it back into their setlist, although they didn't play it here.

Dream Theater,Falling to Infinity

Concur.....the CD that fans now love to hate. I liked it fine, it wasn't I&W but it had some good songs on it. Ironically, the live video archive from the HOB Orlando show years ago shows me singing along....to "Peruvian Skies" (!)

Saga-Wildest Dreams(and some of their other late 80's era stuff)

Shit, I loved those guys and I saw that CD at Tower last weekend, but passed over it. Might have to go back now.

Soilwork-Natural Born Chaos(everyone thinks this is their sellout CD,I think its their best)

Yep, definitely among their best, IMHO.

I thought of another one:

Superior, Younique. Widely regarded as a disappointment after the brilliance of behind, I always thought it got short shrift. Sure, they got a bit more experimental and diverse on it. Isn't that what progressive-minded bands do?