Albums that you think were ahead of their time

Well they were a Norwegian trio (with Ulver's old bass-player) that released only one full-length and then called it quits. It's basically really creepy avant-garde/black metal. Totally unique in my eyes, it's a wonderful release with some seriously amazing vocals.

One Inch Man said:
Fail history much? :p

Slowly We Rot - 1989
Scream Bloody Gore - 1987
Seven Churches - 1985

Yeah, well, I suck.
tickled.gif

I was taking a shot, and then I couldn't post or correct myself for nearly 30 minutes so I gave up :lol:

P.S. Bite me.

Marksveld said:
Well they were a Norwegian trio (with Ulver's old bass-player) that released only one full-length and then called it quits. It's basically really creepy avant-garde/black metal. Totally unique in my eyes, it's a wonderful release with some seriously amazing vocals.
Is this the album you've referred to as doing what Blut Aus Nord does, but better? If so I need to hear them shitz.

@gugs: *smooches* :loco:

They did it BEFORE Blut Aus Nord did it... but the style really isn't similar to BAN's latest stuff... it's just unique. (not to say that BAN isn't)

where the hell did my post go?

anywya, I said that Fleurety's Min Tid Skal Komme fits the bill, since it's the best avant garde black metal ever.

also, Neurosis' Souls at Zero fits here.

Celtic Frost was my first thought when I saw this thread. I'd give the nod to Into the Pandemonium, but To Mega Therion isn't far behind.

Yeah but they were always a Rush-worshipping band playing Zappa covers.

Granted they are one of my favorite bands, but I'm not sure how ahead of their time they were. Pretty damn kickass though. :Spin:

Pink Floyd - Piper at the Gates of Dawn
I can honestly say this one is pretty weird even for me. I like it, but don't love it. Strange shit.

King Crimson - The ProjeKcts
One of the most experimental bands at their most experimental uh, experiments. Trippy ass shit. UNRULY.

Today is the Day - Sadness Will Prevail
Well, it is the soundtrack to the apocalypse, and said apocalypse has yet to occur, so there you go. :)

Seconding Bathory's Hammerheart. Paved the way for viking metal ("viking metal isn't a genre" fags go away) and did in 1993 what other bands didn't do until years afterwards.

Well in that case I will go for Blood Fire Death since that 'viking' style can be heard emerging in two of the tracks, which are two of the best songs ever. And this was 1988.

Ifurin said:
Seconding Bathory's Hammerheart. Paved the way for viking metal ("viking metal isn't a genre" fags go away) and did in 1993 what other bands didn't do until years afterwards.
Just think how amazing it would've been were it released 3 years earlier! :loco: