Angra gets plagiarized... again.

On Celestial Entrance they uh, paid tribute.. to Dream Theater pretty heavily on one song. I haven't listened to that album in quite a while so I can't tell you what track or anything. I think they paid tribute to Learning to Live, though.

Really? Can somebody tell me which track that was on?

I know at the end of the first song on Enigmatic: Calling, Jorn Viggo plays a little riff/lick/lead part that's *very* Steve Vai-esque.

I honestly don't remember the Learning to Live portion on Celestial Entrance, but now I'm curious to hear it.

onkong.jpg

It's power metal people nothing terribly original in the last 15 years has happened. you can only write so many riffs and sing so many notes that work together. with all the carbon copies there are bound to be duplicates. also, has anyone asked the band? it could be homage. shit, i use lyrics from other songs in my own, riff styles, etc. it's fun to put stuff into songs hoping other people hear it and recognize it. it's all "influence"

nothing to get all up in arms about sweet lord. hahahaha.

It's power metal people nothing terribly original in the last 15 years has happened. you can only write so many riffs and sing so many notes that work together. with all the carbon copies there are bound to be duplicates. also, has anyone asked the band? it could be homage. shit, i use lyrics from other songs in my own, riff styles, etc. it's fun to put stuff into songs hoping other people hear it and recognize it. it's all "influence"

nothing to get all up in arms about sweet lord. hahahaha.

I was all set to type out basically this same message. I have heard, time and time again, some metal band that sounds like some other band, a borrowed riff or melody here and there, etc. You may even have seen the entertaining 'riffcycle' blog (by the Pitboss 2000 guitarist) where he tracks riffs that pop up in band to band across the years.

But the Unicorn-Angra thing is on a whole other level. That is an exact shoplifting of the chorus line. There's no way around it, that is absolutely a steal.

I was all set to type out basically this same message. I have heard, time and time again, some metal band that sounds like some other band, a borrowed riff or melody here and there, etc. You may even have seen the entertaining 'riffcycle' blog (by the Pitboss 2000 guitarist) where he tracks riffs that pop up in band to band across the years.

But the Unicorn-Angra thing is on a whole other level. That is an exact shoplifting of the chorus line. There's no way around it, that is absolutely a steal.

Agreed...it's a bit too close to be just an influence or coincidence. Just a bit too blatant of a melody ripoff...

Yeah, indeed. There's a line between being influenced and plagiarizing and I think this absolutely crosses it.

Well what Pagan's did was more of a tribute

I mean they took lyrics and kind of changed then around some too for the beginning of the song

The bass player is wearing a DT logo on his hat in the cd booklet is kind of an obvious nod to DT as an influence (also think about when the CD came out)