Another Guess the Band Thread

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
Okay according to Glenn's comments in the band 5 confirmed thread, he said he is very confident on the band following firewind and communic not to disappoint or something to that affect.

My question here is what band could possibly fit in a three spot after these two without being headliner quality?

I personally think that Brainstorm is going to be in the 4 spot on Saturday with the 5 going to ? and the 3 spot going to Pretty Maids maybe.

Why not get some of the true American power metal in those slots like JAG Panzer in headlining spot!!! Pharoah in a spot,Overlorde,Wintersbane,etc!!!!! And how could Gamma Ray not be considered for a Headlining spot???????

He said there would be co-headliners Saturday. I'm still going with Orphaned Land as one of them! A lot of people are saying Brainstorm so I'll toss them in as the 2nd. And I REALLY want Tarot but don't think it's going to happen :-/
Also really would love to see After Forever take a coheadlining spot. So maybe After Forever and Brainstorm co-headlining. OL for PPIX as I'm not sure if their new album will be ready by October as they've announced nothing more than the name and a brief concept.

Why not get some of the true American power metal in those slots like JAG Panzer in headlining spot!!! Pharoah in a spot,Overlorde,Wintersbane,etc!!!!! And how could Gamma Ray not be considered for a Headlining spot???????

I dont think any of the bands listed could play the 3 spot and JP couldnt headline, but a 3 spot would be good for them. Gamma Ray would be truly awesome!

How about Enchant, Devin Townsend, Kings X, Lordi, or even William Hung?!

Seriously though, Pagan's Mind, Jag Panzer, or After Forever would work on Saturday.

He said there would be co-headliners Saturday. I'm still going with Orphaned Land as one of them! A lot of people are saying Brainstorm so I'll toss them in as the 2nd. And I REALLY want Tarot but don't think it's going to happen :-/
Also really would love to see After Forever take a coheadlining spot. So maybe After Forever and Brainstorm co-headlining. OL for PPIX as I'm not sure if their new album will be ready by October as they've announced nothing more than the name and a brief concept.

I personally think that After Forever will get the 4 spot on Friday and Brainstorm the 4 on Saturday. I just dont know if OL can headline yet, with the amount of material that is really for this audience since the frist 2 albums I think were pretty differeent from Mabool. I am hoping for Pretty Maids in the 3 spot on Saturday as well with the 5 spot being something special.

we have left a #4 slot of Friday, and a #3 on Sat and the two co headliners so in no particular sequence i say possiblilty for the #4 on Friday PRETTY MAIDS, the #3 on Sat will be i hope CLOUDSCAPE, the co headliners AFTER FOREVER and SYMPHONY X or ORPHANED LAND ot maybe even PAIN OF SALVATION

J-Man not to criticize, but you do you really think Cloudscape can do a 3 spot with only 2 albums and they would have to follow Firewind, we would have to retitle it the Firewind-effect because everyone would be dead and leave.

Dolamite how could you say Jag Panzer couldnt headline??????? They are probably the best American power metal band behind Iced Earth maybe better!!!!!!! I dont think you could ask for a better headliner in the power genre bsides Gamma Ray than JP!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking the line-up needs a little more prog in the mix about now, so I'd say Andromeda would be a nice choice for that Sat. 3 spot. And in my perfect little world Pain of Salvation would headline Saturday:headbang:

I've seen several mentions of Pretty Maids, but I'm not sure why people think that? I can see Orphaned Land being a return band, but I hope not any time soon. As far as return bands are concerned I'm hoping for Pagan's Mind or Symphony X.

If Saturday is supposed to have co-headliners, I'm not sure that SyX is still a possiblity... I say that only because they are fully capable of being a headliner on their own. The impression I got from Glenn that Saturday is now a co-headline situation because the bands being considered aren't strong enough to be a true headliner on their own.

Of course, I freely admit that my impression could be wrong, and I'm hopeful that Saturday night brings us two kick ass bands - who we will argue about for months and months over which one should have been given/deserves the 5 slot. ;)

If Saturday is supposed to have co-headliners, I'm not sure that SyX is still a possiblity... I say that only because they are fully capable of being a headliner on their own. The impression I got from Glenn that Saturday is now a co-headline situation because the bands being considered aren't strong enough to be a true headliner on their own.

Of course, I freely admit that my impression could be wrong, and I'm hopeful that Saturday night brings us two kick ass bands - who we will argue about for months and months over which one should have been given/deserves the 5 slot. ;)

That's what I'm understanding too. Glenn also said there would likely be at least one band that would cause controversy on whether or not they deserved the spot. We know that's not Sonata... So someone Saturday night seems to be getting a "controversial" co-headline slot.