Another Guess the Band Thread

Dolamite how could you say Jag Panzer couldnt headline??????? They are probably the best American power metal band behind Iced Earth maybe better!!!!!!! I dont think you could ask for a better headliner in the power genre bsides Gamma Ray than JP!!!!!!!!

I just dont think that they are that great, but when I made my original statement I thought they were a in a 2 slot before not a 4. So I repeal my decree JP could do it, but I would rather see someone else.

That's what I'm understanding too. Glenn also said there would likely be at least one band that would cause controversy on whether or not they deserved the spot. We know that's not Sonata... So someone Saturday night seems to be getting a "controversial" co-headline slot.

Is it possible that it is Sonata and the controversery could be that they played the US too much recently.

we have left a #4 slot of Friday, and a #3 on Sat and the two co headliners so in no particular sequence i say possiblilty for the #4 on Friday PRETTY MAIDS, the #3 on Sat will be i hope CLOUDSCAPE, the co headliners AFTER FOREVER and SYMPHONY X or ORPHANED LAND ot maybe even PAIN OF SALVATION

I REALLY, really, really, really, really, really hope that Orphaned Land plays next year.

Friday #2 = Pagans Mind

Saturday #1 = After Forever (co-headliner)
Saturday #2 = Nocturnal Rites (co-headliner)
Saturday #3 = Labyrinth (if they plan on getting a new disc out before then)

Friday #2 = Pagans Mind

Saturday #2 = Nocturnal Rites (co-headliner)
Saturday #3 = Labyrinth (if they plan on getting a new disc out before then)

i agree with you now that i have some time to think about it a little but i have to make one or two changes in order.

Friday #2 = PRETTY MAIDS

Saturday #2 = Pagan's Mind (co-headliner)
Saturday #3 = Nocturnal Rites

Is it possible that it is Sonata and the controversery could be that they played the US too much recently.

Glenn's quote below. Sonata is already a headliner so Glenn's certainly not creating one there.

Harvester said:
That is the reason why at least one headliner pick in the future is sure to generate a bit of controversy. It's time to create headliners instead of limiting the fest to only a handful of tested bands.

i agree with you now that i have some time to think about it a little but i have to make one or two changes in order.

Friday #2 = PRETTY MAIDS

Saturday #2 = Pagan's Mind (co-headliner)
Saturday #3 = Nocturnal Rites

Could be. I think that the extensive back catalog and history of Noctural Rites (7 discs) vs. the 3 discs by Pagan's Mind would place NR above PM.

Harvester said:
That is the reason why at least one headliner pick in the future is sure to generate a bit of controversy. It's time to create headliners instead of limiting the fest to only a handful of tested bands.

Which is why the choices of everybody and their grandmother flies in the face of this quote. Sym X has headlined twice, and everybody is screaming Sym X! In order for this to be fulfilled, one needs to go outside the cradle. Since Glenn has stated in another thread that he is not willing to do this, one needs to make up their minds. Are you going to create headliners and truly stun the world, or are you going to play it safe and leave nothing to chance?

Peace,
Ray C.

I'd been thinking S-X m'self (and with a new CD coming out, I'd be shocked if they weren't in Glenn's plans at some point).....but yeah. They would not be a 'created' headliner. Nor would, say, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, etc.

I could see one of the 'made' co-headliners being Brainstorm, though!

+1 for THAT. lol. :p

Orphaned Land & Adagio! :headbang:

concerning 'returning' bands...

+2 for Adagio. :kickass: I missed them the first time because I didn't think I cared for their sound. Plus I arrived late that Saturday and missed most of their set anyway. But since DOMINATE has gotten my full undivided attention, I am backtracking their catalog to see what else I snubbed. :oops: (shame on me) ...add Pagan's Mind as an alternate option since I'm greedy that way. :heh: And/or I could live with a return of Orphaned Land. They did a great job a couple of years ago.

As far as bands who haven't been here yet... Nocturnal Rites, Morgana LeFay, Avian, or Dark Empire would be good choices IMHO. Then there's Iced Earth - who have never played such a scene in the U.S. Could you imagine them pulling off a Saturday night headlining 2-hour(+) show? Holy Mary, Mother of God! :ill: Center Stage would have to be rebuilt after that one! LMAO

I'm not familiar enough with prog-metal, but I know I like the sound of Spheric Universe Experience, Cloudscape, and Evergrace to a few.

At this point, whatever Glenn has up his sleeve is sure to blow our collective socks off! :worship: Face it, somehow he does it every year. And it's why we keep coming back for more!